Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started driving for Uber & Lyft a little over a month ago and the little Renegade has been quite the star! I constantly get people commenting on how cool it is and people are always shocked to see a manual transmission. I'm pretty sure I've contributed to at least a couple of Renegade test drives. FCA should be paying me for this!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Are the funny looks for you or the Renegade >:D
:)

Funny? funny how? Funny ha-ha or funny peculiar?
I think a lot of them are surprised at how far I got up some of the trails, but most of the attention that it gets has been overwhelmingly positive. People keep asking me about it at the dog park when they see me get out of it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
The neighbors walking their dog came over the other day while I was washing it and got in and checked it out. The seamstress when I got the Spiderwebshade made pulled out her measuring tape and measured the cargo area compared to her vehicle (nissan rogue) and said she'll probably go and trade.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Funny, my neighbor didn't say anything to me until today when I was passing his house and their sat a new yellow Sport. I said, "hey nice ride". He says, "ya I like you're tail lights". I guess buying one was his way of a compliment, go figure. He went on to say that he got yellow to match their Viper that they want to keep the miles down on. Must be nice to buy a car like just another pair of socks.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Funny, my neighbor didn't say anything to me until today when I was passing his house and their sat a new yellow Sport. I said, "hey nice ride". He says, "ya I like you're tail lights". I guess buying one was his way of a compliment, go figure. He went on to say that he got yellow to match their Viper that they want to keep the miles down on. Must be nice to buy a car like just another pair of socks.
If I had Viper money, I definitely would have gotten a JK Wrangler......just sayin'

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have a lot of people looking at mine. People at work were gathered around it the other day when I came outside. They said "What IS that?" I said "awesomeness". I swear if one more person calls it "cute" though....

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm in Australia and like I have literally never seen another Renegade (it's been out here for less time though), so you can imagine that in itself gets attention.

It probably doesn't help that mine is yellow and a Trailhawk, so a black on yellow boxy thing sticks out like crazy among all the grey/white or black sleek Asian SUVs, I get checked out a few times a day. Can be all sorts, from old Jeepers keen to see a Renegade Trailhawk in the wild, through to teenage girls who like yellow cars. I think there is a real sense of 'what is that?' lol.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.