Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just added a few additions to the 2015 Jeep Renegade, ARB Front winch bumper with a warn winch running synthetic cables, rock rails, BFG Baja T/A tires and beed lock rims, snorkel, roof rack with off road lights, shovel and highlight jack! Also running a duel battery system under the hood for lights, winch and onboard air compressor. Installed a water tank located in the existing spare tire area, and some other goodies, all with photoshop ;)

[imghttps://www.dropbox.com/s/rwjyfzk2ut2cwxg/2015-jeep-renegade-trailhawk_rig.jpg?dl=0[/img]

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Just added a few additions to the 2015 Jeep Renegade, ARB Front winch bumper with a warn winch running synthetic cables, rock rails, BFG Baja T/A tires and beed lock rims, snorkel, roof rack with off road lights, shovel and highlight jack! Also running a duel battery system under the hood for lights, winch and onboard air compressor. Installed a water tank located in the existing spare tire area, and some other goodies, all with photoshop ;)
Hi JBULLFROG, welcome to the forum, very nice job on the photoshop, that looks really good. I posted the link here so others can see it, for some reason the form must not like links to dropbox.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rwjyfzk2ut2cwxg/2015-jeep-renegade-trailhawk_rig.jpg?dl=0

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Here it is separate, so we get a zoomed view:

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Great job on the Photoshop. Nicely balanced layout. Got the horsepower to get out of that pit?

·
Registered
53 Posts
My experience, those lights on the roof are going to get tore up; been there done that.

Looks good though.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I really like the add-on to the front bumper. Makes it look so much more capable. And the roof lights are also a really nice touch.

is this just a dream, or do you think that you will be able to actually get some of these things to customize your Renegade with?

·
Super Moderator
3,641 Posts
I really like the add-on to the front bumper. Makes it look so much more capable. And the roof lights are also a really nice touch.

is this just a dream, or do you think that you will be able to actually get some of these things to customize your Renegade with?
The front ARB bars? Figure at least 90lbs. That's around what people claim for some of the smaller fitments. Figure you actually put a winch in it, and you can add another 60+ lbs easily. IT'd probably require new springs and struts to not have some sever handling issues crop and avoid some sag up front. Assuming the US market one ships with the tow hooks up front, a good come along would probably be a lot less hassle.

Roof lights I'm sure there will be a bunch of variety. It's going ot have a roof rack option form the manufacturer, so there will be a variety of things to slap up there for recreation and decoration.

THe rear mounted spare and gas cans? Not likely given that the hatch open up wards in one piece. Although I guess you could design something that swings to the side but mounts of the trailer hitch.

Tires that big? I seriously doubt it is going to happen, although something more aggressive looking than stock is a probability if it ships in the numbers FCA is expecting.

Snorkel? I don't see why the car would be any less resistant to a saws all than any other vehicle. The only limitation would be routing of plumbin in a crowder engine bay, and it'll be tight in there. but if the airbox is adjacent to a fender, I don't see why you couldn't take a sawsall to the car.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
The front ARB bars? Figure at least 90lbs.
Raz, haven't you seen the new GRP bars? 90% less weight than steel. There made from "Lightanium", a proprietary mix of 10% Graphene and 90% Polystyrene.

Graphene is pure carbon in the form of a very thin, nearly transparent sheet, one atom thick. It is remarkably strong for its very low weight (100 times stronger than steel)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphene
Jeepers, yes we are just dreaming ;)

·
Registered
1,208 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
yes those tires are a pipe dream unfortunately, but the chop up does look good. Has there been confirmation if the renegade is liftable? KL for example is not...
No confirmation until the mod guys get there hands on it. I've read only two things, the shock mounts are different than the Cherokee that give it hope, but the wheel wells are pretty tight.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.