Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Clicking through the colorizer once again revealed a few new things to me. Firstly Jeep has added new options to the page for Limited and Trailhawk Renegades.

Looks like the Black roof will be optional, not sure if perhaps the black roof is limited to MySky owners?

Renegade Sport and Renegade Latitude/Longitude Renegades will not have black rooves, body color all the way around.

Renegade Sport will not have a roof rack, Renegade Latitude/Longitude will have black plastic roof racks, Renegade Limited will have Chrome roof racks. Renegade Trailhawks will have Satin roof racks

Also of Note, Limited and Latitude/Longitude will be the only models with body matching mirrors, Trailhawk gets satin painted mirrors for all color options and Sport simply gets black plastic.

http://test.intleu.jeep.com/renegade_2015/models.html

·
Registered
953 Posts
Great break down of some of the intricacies and differences of the different trim levels. Most are super minor, nothing to make or break you decision, but it is good to know completely what each trim level is offering. Not really a fan of the chrome grille, the black is much better IMO.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great break down of some of the intricacies and differences of the different trim levels. Most are super minor, nothing to make or break you decision, but it is good to know completely what each trim level is offering. Not really a fan of the chrome grille, the black is much better IMO.
Its not one bit chrome, satin plastic...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Actually not having roofracks on the sport is forcing me to upgrade to the laltitude. So minor differences for some but could be major for others

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I noticed on the test page they have added a "Color/Monochrome" button to the Limited and Trailhawk. If you look at the "Color" view, you get the Limited Alpine White with white door tops and white roof.

Now select the Monochrome view and the Alpine White has / Black added to it and the photo is now with black door tops and black roof.

Reactions: Tratritatum

·
Registered
953 Posts
So is that an option that you have when ordering?

As far as the grille goes, I'm glad that you pointed out that it is satin plastic instead of chrome. Still not sure if I like it that much though. I think it depends partly on the exterior color of the Renegade, but the satin plastic I think makes the Renegade look less aggressive and more feminine.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
One thing for sure is that we won't see as many of these with black roofs when it comes to warmer climates that are like that year round.

·
Super Moderator
3,475 Posts
So is that an option that you have when ordering?

As far as the grille goes, I'm glad that you pointed out that it is satin plastic instead of chrome. Still not sure if I like it that much though. I think it depends partly on the exterior color of the Renegade, but the satin plastic I think makes the Renegade look less aggressive and more feminine.

IIRC the satin silver is limited only, possibly with certain colors only.

The black roof has been stated to be optional.

You HAVE to have the black roof with mysky (duh), but can also jsut get black paint if you like it or body color if you liek that more. That choice may not be universal of course, but that's what was said to press types on multiple occasions as a generality.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
IIRC the satin silver is limited only, possibly with certain colors only.

The black roof has been stated to be optional.

You HAVE to have the black roof with mysky (duh), but can also jsut get black paint if you like it or body color if you liek that more. That choice may not be universal of course, but that's what was said to press types on multiple occasions as a generality.
You don't have to have black roof with mysky..

·
Registered
72 Posts
Coming all the way from Melfi Italy, customer's better start going to your local dealer now if you want to order it specifically; otherwise take what the dealer has available for the first wave of buyers.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Don't you think that most of the models that dealers will just keep on lots will have the Mysky roof? Seems like that will be a popular feature, and don't dealers want to keep more expensive models on the lot because they can sell them for more?

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Don't you think that most of the models that dealers will just keep on lots will have the Mysky roof? Seems like that will be a popular feature, and don't dealers want to keep more expensive models on the lot because they can sell them for more?
not always, dealers will stock whats most likely to be the most popular combinations...

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
not always, dealers will stock whats most likely to be the most popular combinations...
yup that's how it always is everywhere, which makes me wonder what combinations they will have on the lots of jeep dealers come time for that

·
Registered
953 Posts
Yes, but what I am saying is that I think that the Mysky Roof is going to be one of the most popular combinations. It's expensive, but I think it will still be really popular.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes, but what I am saying is that I think that the Mysky Roof is going to be one of the most popular combinations. It's expensive, but I think it will still be really popular.
Then why didnt you just say that if thats what you meant ;) Based on what do you assume the MySKy will be popular? How expensive, how do you know its expensive?

·
Super Moderator
3,475 Posts
You don't have to have black roof with mysky..

Yeah, I know they showed that, but the options sheet reads oddly. There's the balck roof, and then the black accents. RE-reading it, I think the trailhawk is the only one you can't get with a body color roof accent with mysky.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah, I know they showed that, but the options sheet reads oddly. There's the balck roof, and then the black accents. RE-reading it, I think the trailhawk is the only one you can't get with a body color roof accent with mysky.
but what are the black roof accents if not the black roof? I honestly don't think the black roof has anything to do with MySKY. Renegade TH will be available in monochrome or bicolor as will be limited...

·
Registered
953 Posts

@Willy I think I did say pretty much what I meant the first time. I am just assuming that the MySky roof will be expensive. I am thinking over $1,000 for the MySky roof easily.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
@Willy I think I did say pretty much what I meant the first time. I am just assuming that the MySky roof will be expensive. I am thinking over $1,000 for the MySky roof easily.
my point being that you cant assume the MySKy will be popular and that dealers will stock a ton of them because the option is expensive. There will be a healthy mix, they don't want these things loafting about on dealer lots for any longer than they have to.

Also you have to consider which MySKY they will get, the manual or the automatic. Which one of those will prove to be more popular.

I'm just saying there is no simple assumptions to be made...

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
likely they will be spread out even enough from dealer to dealer in a small quantity that you just may have to wait for them to get one from another dealer or you go to that dealer if the dealer you originally went to sold out.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts