Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just discovered that if you switch on the SNOW setting the headlights come on.

Found a small piece of leather attached above the steering wheel

If you drop anything between the driver/passenger seat its VERY difficult to get it back. Dropped mobile phone there had to use a tool to retrieve it.

Found there is No fuel cap.

My panoramic sunroof tilts as well - i thought it slides open only

Anything else?

·
Registered
104 Posts
There is a very sharp point in the profile of the rear hatch door that just meets the level of the top of my head when the hatch is open. I've whacked that SOB about a half a dozens times so far. I'm surprised that I have not split my head open on that can opener. I hope the designers take a look at that the next time.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
The airbox emission tubes break really easily when trying to get to the air filter.

The front fender corners get really hot for some reason.

The rear window wiper comes on in reverse.

Reactions: phild

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
The sun visors don't extend on the UK models.

The rear wiper only comes on when in reverse if the wipers are switched on. Front wipers off, rear doesn't come on in reverse.

I have noticed that if you are driving your Renegade and see another, you usually get a wave.

The 1.4 turbo engine mated to the six speed box is pretty nippy for the vehicle it powers.

The front wheels get a coating of brake dust quickly. I do lots of short stop start town driving, so that explains why.

Passers by look and point at the Renegade. Or I hope it is the Renegade and not me they are pointing at.

People will come over and ask about it when you park up.

My other half has noticed how much I love the Renegade.

Probably other stuff as well.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I like the 'easter egg' stuff - Bigfoot on the rear liftgate glass, the jeep on the windshield trip, etc...

I also discovered I really like the turbo whistle, but not quite as much as the whistle of the supercharger on my Thunderbird SC!

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
but not quite as much as the whistle of the supercharger on my Thunderbird SC!
OMG I so want that rear end. I'm looking for an IRS for a Factory 5 roadster project.

But to stay on topic, I think I discovered the ebrake wont automatically release if your belt isn't buckled. Am I right on this?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This is my first SUV/Crossover/sub compact whatever, well bigger vehicle anyhow. So I now find it easier to wash inside the wheel arches. Also its easier to clean the wheels and I doubt i will be kerbing them, something ive always done on every car ive ever had.

On the other hand i found it tricky to wash the roof. Took for granted how easy it was on other vehicles. Had to buy a small one step platform and even now Its not quite high enough.

·
Registered
367 Posts
With the climate
Passenger turns the temperature right down it goes to 16C (61F)
Driver turns right down and it goes to ;MAX LO', fans crank up an extra notch or two, and recirc comes on.

Oh, and cleaning the roof. I use one of those window cleaning poles with the cloth on the end.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
"Oh, and cleaning the roof. I use one of those window cleaning poles with the cloth on the end."

Now there's an idea.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Ι have the glass panoramic roof and I just step on my tires to reach and clean it.

1 - 20 of 150 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.