Jeep Renegade Forum banner

Thinking of my first jeep

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  GambaKufu 
#1 ·
I'm thinking about going jeep for the first time. The renegade has the look, features and size that I'm looking for in a vehicle.

I am a little scared about the problems people are having with the transmission, but I am leaning towards the Renegade.

My Past Car History:
95 Saturn SL2 (used)
96 Nissan Altima (used)

Current Car:
06 Mazda 3 (new)

Going to continue reading what you guys have to say about this car, I hope to be able to afford one in a month or so.

Off Topic. I'm also a big NY Knicks fan, not sure if there are any else here lol.

Have a great day guys

#3 ·
Welcome! Many of the issues that people had with the transmission have been fixed by a software patch and also the 9 speed operates differently than what most people are used to. I don't believe that there have been any issues that the dealer hasn't been able to resolve for the owner. I felt the same way before ordering mine but the longer that I am on the forum the more post I keep seeing of how happy people are with theirs.

#5 ·
Thanks for the feedback. I was worried because I saw more articles about problems without any articles about a fix, but that's typically how the media works. Go crazy on something that's wrong, but don't acknowledge the fix.

I'm going for a test drive on Friday! Looking for a White lattitude with the black/sand interior.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.