Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
As the title says, thinking of plasti dipping the Aluminum rims. I kind of rather have the basic sport wheels but with some playing on paint I think theses would look good if modded this way. What do you all think?
Nice, but to really appreciate the look it is best seeing them side by side and closer, therefore I took the liberty...

TS

Attachments

Reactions: Hdreserve

·
Registered
23 Posts
I like the idea, but would as a personal choice rather paint the black than plasti-dipping them. I have just never felt that Plasti-dip is permanent. Then again, maybe you don't want a permanent solution. The advantage of the Plasti-dip would of course be the easy touch ups. Nice idea though.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I think you will have some difficulty dipping them and getting clean lines. Plastidip is very easy to remove when it has a ridge next to it, but just doing part of the rims, may be challenging. Personally, I'd either leave them plain or go all black. I did my mirrors and love the look.

·
Super Moderator
4,778 Posts
I have done it to my wheels a few years back and it is very easy to fix when the wheel takes a hit. Very happy with it.

Reactions: Hdreserve

·
Registered
753 Posts
Was thinking of doing the aluminum rims on my Renny-Lat. The great thing about plasti-dip is it's not perm' - so if you change your mind you can always revert back to stock.

Also thinking about doing the side mirrors.

Again, all these little things I want to do, but still worried about experimenting on my slightly-older-than-a-month Renny, :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.