Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning to all JEEP/RENEGADE enthusiasts,

This my first post and I would like to send my warm greetings to every member of this group, I hope you are all doing well
I am an owner of a 1998 Jeep Cherokee and after 2 years of hard work and money saving, I am now ready to proceed and buy a 2015 JEEP Renegade - (Carbon black -Limited- 1.4 ltr -auto-petrol)

A special offer popped up some days ago at our local JEEP dealership here in Limassol-Cyprus, offering the above car at the price of 24,000 euro.

I'm sure that most of you here, have experience with this type of engine, therefore I kindly ask you to send me your comments and advise about this nice car, so I take the correct choice or maybe order another edition.

Regarding looks of the car, I do not like to the 17inch stock wheels and I want to change them with 19inch aftermarket wheels.
I have found some nice ones at wheelbase web site, that fit this car.

Thats all from me at the moment!
I can't wait to hear your advise!

Cheers to all

· Registered
261 Posts
Greetings from Greece! Καλησπέρα!

I bought the Limited edition 1.4 turbo multiair with keyless entry, 18" wheels and electrical dual pane sunroof.
The engine (multiair) is well known for years for being very reliable as it is used in a variety of cars in the fiat/dodge/alfa romeo etc group.

I went with the 6speed manual transmission as I was afraid that I was going to have problems with the 9speed automatic (after reading a lot of posts here). The only downside to that is that (at least in Greece) there is no 4x4 edition when you get the manual. So mine is FWD.

Also I am a little worried as regards the electricals of the car. I did not have any problem up to now, however I am concerned with what I read in this forum. I hope all will be fine as the car is like a big computer with everything passing via the ECU, and you need to update it etc.

In case you change your wheels, I believe that you will lose the system/function that shows the tires' pressure on your dash. Keep that in mind.

Hope all works out for your just fine.

Reactions: jeepmadness

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello to motherland Greece, :) Καλό απόγευμα,

Thank you so much for your reply, all remarks that you have pointed out are really important and off course taken into consideration.

I am aware that in case you change the stock wheels the system will not be able to recognize the pressure of the tire, but don't know whether it will produce any problems and miss functionalities to the o/b Computer.

The big question is, if I choose to replace the cars wheels (aftermarket) with 18 or 19 inch, will the performance of the car be reduced dramatically?

· Registered
261 Posts
The big question is, if I choose to replace the cars wheels (aftermarket) with 18 or 19 inch, will the performance of the car be reduced dramatically?
I don't think so. Mine came with 18" wheels from the factory.

· Registered
1,613 Posts
Hello to motherland Greece, :) Καλό απόγευμα,

Thank you so much for your reply, all remarks that you have pointed out are really important and off course taken into consideration.

I am aware that in case you change the stock wheels the system will not be able to recognize the pressure of the tire, but don't know whether it will produce any problems and miss functionalities to the o/b Computer.

You can swap the TPMS sensors so you will still see the pressures

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.