Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,597 Posts
wonder wwhat the depth is for the sub and how much xmax the grill would permit. Because even the cheapie 6.5" subs look way beefier than that cone. Also like I said, the 9 speaker sytem by beats is the 9 speaker system with a beats sticker on it. Beats makes nothing, they just brand stuff and occasionally do EQ curves. half the time those EQ curves are really just making a bad curve that sounds worse to be labeled as "beats mode off" on the product. That's 90% of what they have done with their HP affiliation.

·
Registered
85 Posts
My TH has a 9 speaker system, but the oem infinity 6 speaker system on my '02 liberty sounds more beefier and thats without subwoofer or there might be wrong with my hearing ��

·
Super Moderator
3,597 Posts
My TH has a 9 speaker system, but the oem infinity 6 speaker system on my '02 liberty sounds more beefier and thats without subwoofer or there might be wrong with my hearing ��
DUnno. The main problem with the system is that it may be able to produce decent mids and low mids, but you cant tell because the highs at that level are like gouging your ears with icepicks. It's really, really bright.

I've spent my fun money for the month on other things, I think next month is replacing the 3.5" speakers in the dash in an attempt to reduce that effect.

·
Registered
1 Posts
9 speaker system

Has anyone taken pics of the 9 speaker installation? I have the system but i want to upgrade the 6.5" sub but i need to know if it is a dual voice coil and if it is 2 ohm per coil. Also, i can't find any information on the amp. The system sounds a little boomy to me so I'm trying to find any information on it and the specs and if possible the schematic.
I'm new to the forum, love my new Renegade. :ReneBlueWave:

·
Super Moderator
3,597 Posts
Has anyone taken pics of the 9 speaker installation? I have the system but i want to upgrade the 6.5" sub but i need to know if it is a dual voice coil and if it is 2 ohm per coil. Also, i can't find any information on the amp. The system sounds a little boomy to me so I'm trying to find any information on it and the specs and if possible the schematic.

I'm new to the forum, love my new Renegade. :ReneBlueWave:

Schematic is hiding on here someplace.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have been searching for the location of amp. in my Renegade 2016 but couldn't find, appreciate your help to locate it. i added Pioneer concealed Sub. and its amazing but needs the amp power to be upgraded so it must be replaced.

Thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
3,597 Posts
I have been searching for the location of amp. in my Renegade 2016 but couldn't find, appreciate your help to locate it. i added Pioneer concealed Sub. and its amazing but needs the amp power to be upgraded so it must be replaced.

Thanks in advance
If you have the 9 speaker, you don't replace the amp. It, like everything else it visible to the can bus. If you want to add more power, you just tap the line level feeds and add another amp to the system.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I tried to connect the new amp to the rear speakers but the sound is not quit good so i suggested to replace the factory amp by a more powerful one to upgrade the whole 9 speakers output.
As i understood, your point is to keep the original system the same and to add another amp with extra speakers isn't ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
The factory amp is actually not a bad amp. In fact - I replaced all of the factory drivers and actually got a nice sound out of it in the end. Because the factory sub is dual voice coil, you actually have two low pass signals in the factory subwoofer loom. I tapped into that harness and am driving a 6W3V3-4 in the factory location (custom mounted) as well as a 12TW1-4 in a sealed box under the rear cargo floor.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.