Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I really hope it stays this way, i also couldn't help but notice how amazing the rest of the interior looks, especially that steering wheel. Seems Fiat inspiried

·
Registered
953 Posts
You are just referring to the fact that the Jeep Renegade will be offered as a manual as well as an automatic?

I've never been one for manuals. I know that is blasphemy to say to people who are car fans, but I just don't see the fun in it really. Besides the DCT 9-speed transmission should make driving automatic more fun right?

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You are just referring to the fact that the Jeep Renegade will be offered as a manual as well as an automatic?

I've never been one for manuals. I know that is blasphemy to say to people who are car fans, but I just don't see the fun in it really. Besides the DCT 9-speed transmission should make driving automatic more fun right?
DCT is not an automatic, not in the slightest. Its not blasphemy to say you dont like manual, thats a personal choice, but as for fun I don't see how one comes to that conclusion. Diriving MT you're using every single one of your limbs to control a vehicle to the best of your ability. When I drive Auto I need to use two feet or else my left leg starts to rot from lethargy ;)

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
DCT is not an automatic, not in the slightest. Its not blasphemy to say you dont like manual, thats a personal choice, but as for fun I don't see how one comes to that conclusion. Diriving MT you're using every single one of your limbs to control a vehicle to the best of your ability. When I drive Auto I need to use two feet or else my left leg starts to rot from lethargy ;)
Thats why I love manual, so much more engaging and keeps you awake. Automatic's are boring even some DCT's can be, shifting with pedals just aren't the same

·
Registered
194 Posts
I test drove one of the 1.4 turbo Darts with this six-speed manual. It was really fun and responsive. For those who like manuals, this will be zippy.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I test drove one of the 1.4 turbo Darts with this six-speed manual. It was really fun and responsive. For those who like manuals, this will be zippy.

yea that's basically the powertrain of the abarth 500, if only it was offered with AWD ;)

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
AWD would be killer, if there's something the industry is lacking it's AWD performance cars, AWD is almost always king.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts