Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
You are just referring to the fact that the Jeep Renegade will be offered as a manual as well as an automatic?

I've never been one for manuals. I know that is blasphemy to say to people who are car fans, but I just don't see the fun in it really. Besides the DCT 9-speed transmission should make driving automatic more fun right?

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You are just referring to the fact that the Jeep Renegade will be offered as a manual as well as an automatic?

I've never been one for manuals. I know that is blasphemy to say to people who are car fans, but I just don't see the fun in it really. Besides the DCT 9-speed transmission should make driving automatic more fun right?
DCT is not an automatic, not in the slightest. Its not blasphemy to say you dont like manual, thats a personal choice, but as for fun I don't see how one comes to that conclusion. Diriving MT you're using every single one of your limbs to control a vehicle to the best of your ability. When I drive Auto I need to use two feet or else my left leg starts to rot from lethargy ;)

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
DCT is not an automatic, not in the slightest. Its not blasphemy to say you dont like manual, thats a personal choice, but as for fun I don't see how one comes to that conclusion. Diriving MT you're using every single one of your limbs to control a vehicle to the best of your ability. When I drive Auto I need to use two feet or else my left leg starts to rot from lethargy ;)
Thats why I love manual, so much more engaging and keeps you awake. Automatic's are boring even some DCT's can be, shifting with pedals just aren't the same

·
Registered
194 Posts
I test drove one of the 1.4 turbo Darts with this six-speed manual. It was really fun and responsive. For those who like manuals, this will be zippy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.