Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from Michigan's forgotten peninsula. I'm looking for a new 4WD to replace an 18 year old Chevy and am giving serious consideration to a Renegade. I did have my eye on a Wrangler Unlimited but my wife would prefer something more car-like. My investigation of the Renegade shows that it may have true off-road capability for me while meeting her needs as well. I'm not ready to buy yet and appreciate this forum as a way to get to know the good and the bad about the Renegade.

In the meantime I do have a Jeep to play with. I have a nicely restored 1952 Willys M38A1 that I cruise the back roads and trails with.
Good luck with your Renegades!
Tim Juhl

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
Welcome to the forums. What color are you planning on getting? and is that the 1952 Willy in your avatar. If so, awesome.

TS

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thumb of Michigan Jeeper

Thanks for making a guy feel welcome!

It's way too early to pick colors but at first glance I like the yellow, blue and anvil. There really aren't any bad ones.

Yes, the Avatar is a photo of my '52 Willys M38a1 - the last Jeep model Willys ever made for the military. It's sparse on creature comforts and not very fast but it is fun to tool around in. I like driving the back roads and trails with the top off and the windshield folded down. I belong to some clubs of Military Vehicle enthusiasts and we go on occasional convoys and trailrides. We also get a lot of requests to appear in parades or at museums and car shows. Who'd have ever thought?

Tim

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry - I'm just figuring this site out. Here is a better pix of the Willys. She's painted in 7th Div, 17th Infantry markings to honor a late friend of mine who saw a lot of combat in that outfit in Korea.

Tim

Attachments

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Nice Willy's Jeep! And welcome. The Trailhawk will fit the bill for some moderate off-road and car like driving for the Mrs.

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
Whoa is right. When the image opened up I was impressed how detailed and pristine it is. Nice job.

TS

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.