Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IW: What's the largest tire the Renegade will take?

PJ: Right now, it's the same diameter we have on our Patriot — 28 inches.

For the Renegade Trailhawk, we're putting on the current Goodyear Wrangler SRAs that are offered on the Patriot in 215/65-17. We're also developing a more significant off-road Falken tire for the 17-inch wheel package. That'll come with a standard full-size spare.

The normal tires will be 215/60-17s or 225/65-18s. We'll keep the 18s available for our Limited model and that will be a Goodyear or Kumho tire, but will really be focused on sound quality, brake traction, wet traction; you know, the on-road experiences.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Can't wait to see how much wider of a tire people will fit once they jack up the renegade, allowing them to not have the fender wall restrict them

·
Registered
141 Posts
I've noticed by checking that tire size at tire retailers that the Trail Hawk's size is an oddball if you are looking for something even slightly aggressive... Hope some more tires become available. The Firestones that come on the Trail hawk model of the Cherokee would be a good candidate.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've noticed by checking that tire size at tire retailers that the Trail Hawk's size is an oddball if you are looking for something even slightly aggressive... Hope some more tires become available. The Firestones that come on the Trail hawk model of the Cherokee would be a good candidate.
These are the ones you talking about?

Destination LE2 tires in size 225/60R17 99T, standard equipment on front-wheel drive Sport and Latitude trim levels.

Destination LE2 tires in size 225/65R17 102T, standard equipment on 4x4 Sport and Latitude trim levels.

Destination A/T tires in size P245/65R17 105T, standard equipment on 4x4 Trailhawk trim levels.

·
Registered
141 Posts
These are the ones you talking about?

Destination LE2 tires in size 225/60R17 99T, standard equipment on front-wheel drive Sport and Latitude trim levels.

Destination LE2 tires in size 225/65R17 102T, standard equipment on 4x4 Sport and Latitude trim levels.

Destination A/T tires in size P245/65R17 105T, standard equipment on 4x4 Trailhawk trim levels.

Yes, the Destination A/T specifically. Pretty decent tire.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I guess you're speaking from experience? If so, what vehicle have you used them on?
Yes. I had them on two f-150's Albeit a larger tire by a little bit. I also had the GoodYear Wrangler SRA's as well.. which , for me was a horrible tire in anything other than Dry and wet Highway.. as it is a highway All season after all.. If you look at tirerack.com the reviews kinda mirror my experiences. Its also worth Noting that the Firestone is rated #2 in its category ( off road all terrain) by consumers there as well.

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Has anyone else noticed that almost all of the tires photographed on the Renegade TrailHawk are H/T?

Also, the NYIAS spec sheet, Feature availability sheet, and previously released documents are a mix between OWL A/T and Black A/T for the TrailHawk.

I can't wait to see what actually comes on them! Hopefully it's the Falken Wildpeak A/T. Those are some nice tires with great reviews. Supposedly they're pretty quiet on the road too.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Has anyone else noticed that almost all of the tires photographed on the Renegade TrailHawk are H/T?

Also, the NYIAS spec sheet, Feature availability sheet, and previously released documents are a mix between OWL A/T and Black A/T for the TrailHawk.

I can't wait to see what actually comes on them! Hopefully it's the Falken Wildpeak A/T. Those are some nice tires with great reviews. Supposedly they're pretty quiet on the road too.

If Falken is the company slated to provide the OE tires for the Renegade, I wish that they would make that size in their new M/T tire that they are coming out with and that Jeep would give us the ability to choose them as a factory "Off-Road Package" option. Just like how the BFG M/Ts come stock on the Wrangler Rubicon. That would be sweet!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts