Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had low pressure in one of my tires I filled it correctly, it’s reset itself but now the pressure indicator display on the dash won’t go away. I’m a mail carrier and I’ve had my renegade converted to a right hand drive so I no longer have a steering wheel on the drivers side. I don’t know if I needed to change the display with the steering wheel controls which I don’t have so I can’t do that. Wondering if there’s anything else I could do. I thought about disconnecting the battery but wasn’t sure if I should. Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Welcome!

You need to tell us what year and model Renegade you have -- different years and models had different way to display tire pressure.

That having been said, what do you mean by "it's reset itself"? That would imply the warning icon went away.

So you filled the tire that was low? This is a dumb question -- but have you driven the Renegade any distance since refilling? It takes a short time for the computer to get a new pressure reading, and cancel the warning...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So sorry meant to put that it’s a 2018 Latitude. I meant it reset that I no longer needed to add air, that issue is corrected. Now it’s just the display of the tire pressure reading on the dash display screen and no longer a warning. I can’t go back to just the MPH reading which is where it was before because I don’t have the steering wheel controls to change the display on the dash being that it’s now a right hand drive and the driver side steering wheel was removed. I have driven it actually a good bit. I was hoping it would go back to the MPH reading after I drove it for awhile but it hasn’t. Hopefully this is a little better explanation. Thanks so much for getting back to me!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don’t have the driver side steering wheel, I’ve had it converted to a right hand drive because I’m a mail carrier. So I no longer have the ability to scroll through the different display pages.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Hopefully this is a little better explanation.
OK, that's clearer. So what you're saying is that the display automatically switched to the tire pressure warning when the pressure was low. Then you brought the tire pressure up, and the warning...well, stopped warning. (Sorry, I don't know exactly how that works on your 2018 Renegade.) But the tire pressure screen is still displayed, and won't go back to digital MPH. And you can't scroll back because of your steering-wheel swap. Yes?

Sorry, I still can't help you. But just wanted to clarify.

Just out of curiosity, how did you do the LHS-to-RHS swap? Did you do just the mechanics, and no electronics?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep it’s just the mechanics. I really appreciate you taking the time to at least try to help. I think I’m going to try disconnecting the battery to see if this may put it back to mileage screen. It’s really not that big of an issue I just like seeing my exact mileage at all times. Here’s a photo if you want to see how I have it. Thanks again for you time!!
Car Vehicle Window Hood Motor vehicle

Vehicle Hood Car Automotive tire Motor vehicle

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Here’s a photo if you want to see how I have it.
Wow! Just a V-belt and a couple pulleys, and linkages for the pedals! Quite...um...Mad Max-ish!

Does it work driving on normal roads? I mean, precision-wise?

As far as your issue, yeah, I suspect the speed screen is the default. And that disconnecting the battery might bring it back to that. Couldn't hurt, in any case...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It actually works perfect, I have a 2003 Ford Escape that’s done exactly the same and I’ve put over 30,000 miles on it with no issues. Wish me luck disconnecting the battery works, trying it tomorrow. I’ll let you know.

·
Registered
2015 Trailhawk
932 Posts
Natfseigler,

Your profile icon shows you are in the U.S. I'm wondering what state and if that needs to pass inspections. I can't legally put on wheel spacers in my state. I can just imagine the laughs I'd get at the inspection station if I showed up with that. I'm glad it works for you, but the weld blob on the steering wheel hub... OMG and LOL!

·
Super Moderator
2,327 Posts
Yikes. That looks a bit Heath Robinson.

How do you check any of the instrumentation/readings from over there anyway?

Could you not just have got an RHD over from the UK? Or Japan?

Without those steering wheel buttons you're missing the main interface into the car's dash system.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I’m in Georgia and there is no inspection done here. I’ve actually lived all over the US and this is the first state I’ve ever been in that doesn’t have a safety inspection. I also thought this was so strange when we moved here. But really It’s perfectly safe, I promise. I could of bought a foreign RHD but they’re hard to find over here and super expensive!!
As for checking instrumentation readings you’d be surprised how easily you adapt to a doing everything in a converted RHD after a while. Honestly I have more trouble driving a normal vehicle now since I’ve been doing it so long this way.
I’t does get lots of looks and questions from people on my mail route but I really do love my Renegade!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
All is good with the tire pressure now, the problem is I can’t get it back to the MPH screen which is what I want because I no longer have the driver side steering wheel due to it being a RHD now. So I no longer have the control buttons to change the screen. Thanks for your input though. I tried unhooking the battery this morning hoping maybe that would put it back back no luck.

·
Registered
'15 Trailhawk JBCT Omaha Orange
7 Posts
Depending on how badly you want this resolved…

1. I know I saw a part for the left side control buttons unit deal on eBay, but I can’t find it now so here is a whole steering wheel on eBay: Ebay
2. Id hope that the refitters didnt chop the harness and it’s rattling around in the dash somewhere.
3. Then find the steering wheel harness part and…. you get the picture.

The steering wheel is 60, but I swear I saw just the left side unit for $10-20. Not sure what the connecting harness would Cost. I’m surprised the car isn’t freaking out about not being able to hear the steering wheel electronics.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Depending on how badly you want this resolved…

1. I know I saw a part for the left side control buttons unit deal on eBay, but I can’t find it now so here is a whole steering wheel on eBay: Ebay
2. Id hope that the refitters didnt chop the harness and it’s rattling around in the dash somewhere.
3. Then find the steering wheel harness part and…. you get the picture.

The steering wheel is 60, but I swear I saw just the left side unit for $10-20. Not sure what the connecting harness would Cost. I’m surprised the car isn’t freaking out about not being able to hear the steering wheel electronics.
This is a great idea!! The part to reconnect is safely there. Thanks so much!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yep it’s just the mechanics. I really appreciate you taking the time to at least try to help. I think I’m going to try disconnecting the battery to see if this may put it back to mileage screen. It’s really not that big of an issue I just like seeing my exact mileage at all times. Here’s a photo if you want to see how I have it. Thanks again for you time!! View attachment 2396355008

View attachment 2396355009
I am speechless, You drive that on the actual roads with other people?

I'm going to have to change my username...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts