Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today for the 2nd time, my dashboard signaled me to "Service Tire Pressure Indicator system." The dashboard now shows 4 blank lines where my tire pressures used to be listed. The first time it happened, after shutting the engine off and re-starting it went back to normal. Not this time. Anyone else have an issue with this?

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Today for the 2nd time, my dashboard signaled me to "Service Tire Pressure Indicator system." The dashboard now shows 4 blank lines where my tire pressures used to be listed. The first time it happened, after shutting the engine off and re-starting it went back to normal. Not this time. Anyone else have an issue with this?
Hello Steamy,
We are sorry to hear about your recent concern. To clarify, have you brought this to the attention of your servicing dealer? If not and you decide to go this route, please know our team is available if you need any additional assistance throughout that process.
Laura
JeepCares

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for responding. Mysteriously, it came back to life this afternoon of its own accord. Strange. This is the 2nd time it has done this. The Service Parking Brake indicator light is also lit on my dashboard. It remains lit but the E-brake works fine right now.

I have already be through the multi-lit warning light "Christmas tree" when almost all of my warning lights came on, my 4-wheel drive switch wouldn't work, and warning lights would come on and off at will. The dealership replaced a "watch spring" in the steering column and it went away. I am a bit worried something may be amiss again. But with this Coronavirus craziness of late, my visit to the dealership will have to wait. I also experienced a serious issue with the MySky roof where they had to replace the entire MySky frame--it took 6 weeks. It's been an interesting 3-1/2 years.
or disconnect the negative from your battery and reconnect appears to be all the rage for a simple error fix :p

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here it is Saturday, March 21st, and the TPM system may have Coronavirus symptoms. It works less than half the time I am driving, deciding when to work or not. I am beginning to think my jeep is truly a Fiat, Fix It Again Tony! The electrical system certainly has some issues. Under current conditions, I will not be able to go to me dealership, like many other customers. And when this Pandemic finally subsides, hopefully soon, the dealers will be swamped with customers.

Maybe it will come back to life later today for a brief moment.
Hello Steamy,
We are sorry to hear about your recent concern. To clarify, have you brought this to the attention of your servicing dealer? If not and you decide to go this route, please know our team is available if you need any additional assistance throughout that process.
Laura
JeepCares

·
Registered
985 Posts
the TPM system may have Coronavirus symptoms.
I love the humour :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:(y)(y)(y)

Off topic a little. I was in a garage yesterday with a query when the mechanic glanced at the engine and said "I wish Jeep would stop telling people that's a Fiat engine. It's a F*****g Vauxhall engine" :unsure:o_O:oops:

I thought the engine was based around the Fiat 500.

·
Super Moderator
3,342 Posts
Here it is Saturday, March 21st, and the TPM system may have Coronavirus symptoms. It works less than half the time I am driving, deciding when to work or not. I am beginning to think my jeep is truly a Fiat, Fix It Again Tony! The electrical system certainly has some issues. Under current conditions, I will not be able to go to me dealership, like many other customers. And when this Pandemic finally subsides, hopefully soon, the dealers will be swamped with customers.

Maybe it will come back to life later today for a brief moment.
In Florida our dealers are open are you sure your is closed?

·
Registered
985 Posts
Scotland, UK has had all bars, restaurants, clubs, theatres, sports centres etc closed down by the UK Goverment as of last night. Shops are closing all over the place. Cities are empty. basically anywhere the public can come in contact with each other are being slowly but surely closed down.

I have a great solution! What do you wash your hands with? Alcohol, yeah?

Well I'm now drinking some alcohol as Coronovirus medicine and it lubricates my throat ? ? ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I love the humour :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:(y)(y)(y)

Off topic a little. I was in a garage yesterday with a query when the mechanic glanced at the engine and said "I wish Jeep would stop telling people that's a Fiat engine. It's a F*****g Vauxhall engine" :unsure:o_O:oops:

I thought the engine was based around the Fiat 500.
It is based on the Fiat 500,which is a modern American version of the OG Fiat 500. The engine in the 500 that is currently being made is either from Tychy, Poland or Toluca, Mexico. It is based on a Fiat design but not a Fiat engine.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What exactly is the difference between the Jeep's 1.4 turbo, the Abarth's and the Fiat Spider's

1 - 15 of 15 Posts