Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my Renegade 6 days, just checked the tire pressure with the computer and it said 35 on both rears and 36 on both fronts, seems a little low?

Checked online and it showed 40lbs for those Kumho Crugen 18" Tires, that seems too high. anyone know what's its supposed to be ?

Thanks

Chris

·
Registered
15 Posts
Is it cold outside or were the tires cold? Mine fluctuate about 4-5 degrees from cold to mid-trip warmed up, totally natural physics.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cold

Looks like there almost dead on from what you guys are saying, they were cold when I checked them, not cold cold, just not driven far yet.

Thanks

Is it cold outside or were the tires cold? Mine fluctuate about 4-5 degrees from cold to mid-trip warmed up, totally natural physics.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Some tires heat up more or faster than others. Always always do air pressure to the vehicle, not the tire spec. I personally run 32-33 on my Yokohama ATSs and heats up to 35-36 most days. Summer I will drop it a lb or half.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have renegade limited 18 inch tyres.. I have set up my front tyres to 34psi and my back tyres to 32psi... I can instantly feel my rides more smoother specially after going through a street bump or irregular surface

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have a 2016 lattitude with Kumho tires and I keep tire pressure at 32 psi cold and it goes up to 36 when driving. Anything higher than 32 psi cold causes a bumpy ride. The tire pressure warning comes on if any one of the tires go below 30psi and you have to inflate it to 36psi to make the warning disappear. I have experimented with 35 psi cold and it gives me a unpleasant ride. I think the manufacturers keep the tire pressure up a little to get better fuel economy and not necessarily for comfort. I actually feel a bit safer as the tires grip better at 32 psi and at 35 psi and above it feels like I could slide off easily especially in cold and wet weather.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
I run mine at 35 cold. After a period of highway driving they have gone as high as 39. In the cooler weather we have had in the northeast the tires drop to 33 overnight but bounce back to 35 after a few minutes driving.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.