Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still waiting on the Daystar lift kit to try for a wider tire. My question is if I decide not to lift it, would I be better off getting a 16 wheel/wider tire combo or staying with my 17 inch TH wheel and getting a more aggressive tire but thinner than the 16 inch would be?

·
Registered
2015 Trailhawk
404 Posts
I've seen some folks who've switched out the 17 inch wheels for 16 inch wheels and put some nice, bigger all-terrain and off-road tires on 'em. Then again I'm pretty happy with mine, having put slightly larger and somewhat tougher-looking tires on the 17 inch wheels. How's that for an ambiguous answer?

Reactions: LittleRedJeep

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've seen some folks who've switched out the 17 inch wheels for 16 inch wheels and put some nice, bigger all-terrain and off-road tires on 'em. Then again I'm pretty happy with mine, having put slightly larger and somewhat tougher-looking tires on the 17 inch wheels. How's that for an ambiguous answer?
lol Hypocrite! Yep I know you put the Geolanders on yours. I am just trying to decide what to do. I am leaning your way because I would much rather keep the stock wheel for the time being. :D

Reactions: Hypocrite

·
Registered
715 Posts
Eventually I shall be getting the black 16s for an off-road set of tires, but yoko ats will be replacing the factory Shityear SRAs as soon as I can.. 225/65/17 does fit with out spacer I hear ? that'll work till a lift makes its way to the market

·
Registered
2015 Trailhawk
404 Posts
lol Hypocrite! Yep I know you put the Geolanders on yours. I am just trying to decide what to do. I am leaning your way because I would much rather keep the stock wheel for the time being. :D
I don't know this for a fact, but I saw a post somewhere here on the forum that said 235/65/17's would fit. I'd check with the tire installers to be sure. If that's the case, I'm going to wish I had gone with that size rather than the 225's.

Reactions: Beerwolf70

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't know this for a fact, but I saw a post somewhere here on the forum that said 235/65/17's would fit. I'd check with the tire installers to be sure. If that's the case, I'm going to wish I had gone with that size rather than the 225's.
That would be great if they do! I will have to do some research and see if I can verify.

Reactions: Hypocrite

·
Registered
610 Posts
That would be great if they do! I will have to do some research and see if I can verify.
I think I read somewhere that 235/65/17 would rub at extremes. Not sure if it was with or without spacers. There are so many tire threads and many of them lacking full details, it's really hard to keep track of exactly what combination works.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Eventually I will be putting 225/65/17s on and I will fit the 235s for show. I work at a tire shop so once I take delivery (hopefully less than 10 days) I'll try my 1st slow day to see what they look like on the front of my TH ??

·
Registered
610 Posts
Eventually I will be putting 225/65/17s on and I will fit the 235s for show. I work at a tire shop so once I take delivery (hopefully less than 10 days) I'll try my 1st slow day to see what they look like on the front of my TH ??
Please document it well when you do. Would be nice to have one definitive catch all post for what works and what doesn't.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Some day.. Waiting on a status.. Tomorrow will be a week since I've signed papers! Just sitting and waiting is horrible.. Already found some yokohamas I'll be throwing on, but may give myself a couple months to actually buy those.. I'll hopefully be testing within a couple weeks ☺ It sucks when the floor mats and outdoor covers are almost as much as the tires will cost ?

·
Registered
610 Posts
What are you guys doing about your speedo being off when you're changing tire sizes?
As long as you stay with in 2% difference in tire size, you don't really need to do much. Factory speedometers tend to read that much faster than actual speed anyway.

Deviate any more and you'd need to either tweak software and/or hardware to make the correction.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.