Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My renegade is all stock. I’m not really considering lifting it at the moment but I would like to get bigger tires and I would like for them to be A/T. I’m interested in going off-road, nothing super extreme but I’m afraid to do so with the stock 215/60/r17 continentals it came with, they look so little and flimsy. The only 2 options I’ve seen for that tire size is the Yokohama geolandars and falken wildpeak at. Has anyone used these, are they any good? I know it’s a question that’s been asked over and over again through the forum and I’ve seen all sorts of answers, I’m still confused. Is it possible to get a bigger tire, keeping stock 17” wheels, without lifting it. If so what is the biggest tire size or would it be better/recommended to downsize to 16” wheels, and what tire size would be recommended. And get a thicker tire? I’d appreciate any feedback.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Tire size 225/65/17 will definitely fit your Renegade without any mods required. They are a very popular size and used by many Renegade owners. They are available as A/T tires from various manufacturers including BF Goodrich (KO2's), Yokohama, Falken, Pirelli and others. Good luck with your decision and we like pictures.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the forum. Tire size 225/65/17 will definitely fit your Renegade without any mods required. They are a very popular size and used by many Renegade owners. They are available as A/T tires from various manufacturers including BF Goodrich (KO2's), Yokohama, Falken, Pirelli and others. Good luck with your decision and we like pictures.
Thanks for your response! And there’ll definitely be pictures :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
* Cooper Discoverer AT3 235/60R17 Tire - with Outlined White Lettering - All Season - All Terrain/Off Road/Mud
  • KSP 5X110 Wheel Spacers Fit for Renegade,1” M12x1.5 Lug Studs 65.1mm Bore Forged Hubcentric Adapter
  • Dynofit 12x1.25 Wheel Lug Bolts for Wheel Spacers, 20pcs ET 28mm Shank 17mm Hex 48mm Length Solid Chrome Studs Set for 2014-2020 Jeep Renegade

I have a 2016 Trailhawk and went to this tire. It is an AT tire that is the same height (important) but 1 inch wider. The wider tire fit and did not rub anywhere but had only about a half inch clearance to some suspension part of the shock absorber that traveled with the tire. For a bit more aggressive stance and to create a larger space between the tire and shock absorber I added a quality set of hubcentric 1" wheel spacers. The stock chrome plated wheel bolts did not sit flush enough to properly bolt the wheel spacers on so I got a set of lower head profile wheel bolts. In the end I'm fully satisfied with the new look and tire.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Grille Jeep
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Jeep Sport utility vehicle
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tire Automotive tire

·
Registered
5 Posts
Cooper Discoverer AT RTX 225x70x16 stock 16" steels, no lift, spacer, or rub. Happy-medium all terrain. No noise, rides excellent, not as heavy. Does seem a little more sluggish but ride is more truck like and absorbs badly maintained road conditions.

·
Registered
2017 Jeep Renegade 4WD Glacier Metallic
9 Posts
Those look awesome! Thanks for posting pictures. I also have 17's so I'll have to put these on my list for future reference. Did you notice a big difference in street driving when switching to an all terrain tire? i.e, road noise, gas mileage, response?

·
Registered
2017 Jeep Renegade Limited AWD 2.4L
785 Posts
Those look awesome! Thanks for posting pictures. I also have 17's so I'll have to put these on my list for future reference. Did you notice a big difference in street driving when switching to an all terrain tire? i.e, road noise, gas mileage, response?
Going from street tires to all terrains on my Yukon I noticed increase of tire noise. I’ve blocked it out with two subs and a loud exhaust though, so it doesn’t bother me. ;)

As for MPG, I didn’t notice a difference.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
They make a bit of noise but not too loud. The gas mileage on the stocks was 24 mpg and with these 23.8 I believe; barely decreased.

·
Registered
2016 Trailhawk
37 Posts
Nice rims also. Make sure you keep them rotated and keep paperwork for future possible treadwear warranty. The RF wears faster. Keep an eye on the alignment, inside edge wore more on my father-in-laws. He only got 35k out of them and they were 2-4/32" each. They did get more noisy to the end and not riding as nice. They did work well for him in snow, rain, dry until recently and he was hydroplaning some in not too heavy rains.

I just had 225-65-17 Falken Wildpeak AT trail put on to replace. Nice looking, rides better, quieter. Another member has nice trail camping pictures with his with no complaints that I saw.

Seeking A/T Tires for Stock Height

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
He only got 35k out of them
Wow that's excellent. I use miles as a measurement and 20k appears to be the same if his in KMs.

I have read of people getting less than this type of mileage from A/T tyres. I was so pleased with my Geolanders since I got the Jeep that they or their 2nd set all round. (y)(y)

·
Registered
2016 Trailhawk
37 Posts
Wow that's excellent. I use miles as a measurement and 20k appears to be the same if his in KMs.

I have read of people getting less than this type of mileage from A/T tyres. I was so pleased with my Geolanders since I got the Jeep that they or their 2nd set all round. (y)(y)
35,000 miles not kilometers, but they have a 50,000 mile mileage warranty.

He got 23,000 out of his factory Falken Wildpeak H/T but they were shot by then.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts