Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.
Ive heard different answers to this so I would like to hear from the people who actually know. I have a stock 2015 Renegade Trailhawk and I'm looking to upgrade my tire situation. I dont have a lift yet so I want to know what is the largest tire I can put on? Ive heard 235/65/17 and 225/65/17 and wondering if tire shops have a problem installing the larger tires. Thank you for the info.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Hello.
Ive heard different answers to this so I would like to hear from the people who actually know. I have a stock 2015 Renegade Trailhawk and I'm looking to upgrade my tire situation. I dont have a lift yet so I want to know what is the largest tire I can put on? Ive heard 235/65/17 and 225/65/17 and wondering if tire shops have a problem installing the larger tires. Thank you for the info.
You can put on 225/65/17 without any problems on any Renegade model. You may need to do some kind of mod for the 235's, such as spacers or pinch seam. I did go to a shop that would not install tires larger than original equipment, they would sell them to me however. Some shops give you a doom and gloom scenario about changing tire size but in most cases will install whatever you want to spend your money on. Good luck.

Welcome to the forum by the way. You will find a lot of valuable info about the Renegades here.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hello.

Can't speak for the 235/65R17 but the 225/65R17's will fit with no mods what so ever.
Tire shop was reluctant to install the 225's and I had to sign a release of liability waver before they would install them.

BBM

·
Registered
686 Posts
W E L C O M E ! ! ! to the forum.

I agree 100%; 225 without issue, without any problems, maybe an occational scrap while off road in a turn, but other then that. 225's until you get a lift and spacers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts