Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
On my Limited 4x4 are 215/60 R17 tires (standard). I want to put 215/65 R16 on it. Is this possible? I found out that BF Goodrich AT doesnt have these sizes. Only General Grabber 2 have them. Is the Grabber a good tire?

·
Registered
146 Posts
I had GG AT2s on a Chevy Tracker I used to own. They were awesome!
I'd recommended them first over all others if you are looking for a AT tire.

The Grabbers were actually quieter,had better grip and smoother running on the street than the factory Uniroyal Tiger Paws street/light truck tires that it came with, let alone the competition's AT tires.

Off road, they out performed the antique ( +25 year old design and counting) BFG ATs by an even wider margin.
They didn't hold small stones as hard, had good grip going over rocks and I never ripped a sidewall. Unlike the BFGs, which rip easy.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I lost 2-3 MPG.

1 to 10 is a good guesstimate for calculating how much adding rotational weight saps performance.
That is, 1 pound of added rotational weight is the same as loading 10 pounds into the vehicle.
As always, YMMV in real world use.

So, when I put the 10lbs heavier per tire GG AT2s on the Tracker, it was like adding 400 lbs ( 2-3 passengers ) to the vehicle.
I could feel that it wasn't as peppy with the ATs in stop and go traffic, but not doggy either.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.