Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was driving home from work this afternoon and a girl in a Dodge Caravan ran a red light from a side road and I nailed her. Going to post pics of the damage. 0709201726.jpg 0709201726c.jpg 0709201726b.jpg 0709201726a.jpg

·
Super Moderator
3,708 Posts
Hope you all are o.k.
Did any of the air bags deploy?

·
Premium Member
1,357 Posts
I too hope all it well.

Thanks for sharing.

Hope that you can get it repaired and back on the road soon.

Reactions: Jeepatron

·
Super Moderator
1,565 Posts
Why are there so many T-bone accidents in the US? A fair few reported on here and I know a couple of guys who've had cars/truck wrecked in this way.

Glad you are ok.

Repairable?

·
Registered
557 Posts
Thanks, I am fine. Air bags did not deploy.

Much Appreciated! I'll update when I find out what the Insurance Company is going to do.
With the extremely low resale value of these vehicles, don't be too shocked when they say "Vehicle is totaled. Too much internal damage". Because there will be more damage than what you see.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Why are there so many T-bone accidents in the US? A fair few reported on here and I know a couple of guys who've had cars/truck wrecked in this way.

Glad you are ok.

Repairable?
Driving tests are too easy and dont prove actual driving skill/knowledge in various conditions. My test was a quick loop around the block and a parallel park. Lots of unlicensed drivers as well as people driving on prescription pills,drugs and alcohol out there too. Add in just plain old distracted and or careless drivers as well.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Sleeping Sun has hit the nail on the head.

Unlicensed drivers!!! You were clear to mention pills, drugs, alcohol but you failed to mention the controversial topic of Race. This I understand may be a very hard topic for some of you to chat amicably about but it still needs to be chatted about in direct relationship to this topic.

Here in the UK my personal experience is that many "ethnic" people ie Other than white drivers would drive whilst using the same car driving licence. It was the same when some drivers shared a bus or a taxi as their employmeny means. Perhaps that is a seperate topic for another time and needs to be opened in another topic.

I do agree that a driving test is merely a test that indicates a person is capable of driving under controlled conditions their car. It doesn't take cognisance of their release onto motorways at 70mph from the instant they are given a pass certificate for driving on a dual carriageway or a country road at 60mph.

Digressing from the topic as usual.

Unlicensed drivers are out there and are hard to distinguish as they look similar. Usually a big bushy beard to cover their face, sun tanned skin and often claim they don't understand your directions especially if they are taxi drivers.

RJ I do hope you are all safe and alive regardless of the accident cause. My thoughts are with you.

·
Premium Member
1,357 Posts
It has got to be something to do with intersections... lol

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Glad you are ok.

Repairable?
The girl who caused my accident said she didn't know there was a light at the intersection. She said she thought you just had to wait for no traffic in order to make a left turn.
I was on a 4 lane divided road in the city with another smaller SUV in the right lane when she just darted out in front of us. I couldn't see her because I was about to the rear quarter of the SUV. I saw it start to slow and there she was in front of me. I braked hard, but I question if my Anti-lock braked worked. I felt no pulsing, and the front wheels locked, so I slid into the minivan. I sat there for a moment after she kept going. The light was still green on my side, and still red on hers. She made a left turn on red, I just realized. I found her in a parking lot down the street.
Still waiting to get an estimate.
I drove home, but RJ wanders to the right and then to the left of you let go of the wheel in a straight line.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I see more and more people take the first few seconds of a red stoplight as permission to blast through an intersection; usually at well over the speed limit (the yellow light told them they'd better hurry up!).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
4 way stop intersections are bad here too. If a car is behind me I can't come to a complete stop because they are riding my bumper trying to make me go.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
With the extremely low resale value of these vehicles, don't be too shocked when they say "Vehicle is totaled. Too much internal damage". Because there will be more damage than what you see.
I would not be surprised if it's totaled. It more or less pulls to the right then the left when driving in a straight line and letting go of the wheel. Something is out of whack underneath. I haven't looked underneath as of yet.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I would not be surprised if it's totaled. It more or less pulls to the right then the left when driving in a straight line and letting go of the wheel. Something is out of whack underneath. I haven't looked underneath as of yet.
I had similar symptoms. A lady had hit my back left wheel while parked at the curb in front of my house.Destroyed the front of her car. left me with a light scratch on the black trim down the side and a bent hub/knuckle,trailing arm and strut.
Bad trailing arms will cause the car to wander. just a thought.

·
Super Moderator
1,565 Posts
Apparently a rear side impact on the Renegade can be expensive as it can take out the Rear Drive Module.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts