Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if it is possible to put a cover in a model that did have it from the factor package?
I bought a 2019 and it does not have the safety and security package. The only thing i would want is the tonneau cover.
So far the dealer says i need to buy the interior panels so i have the pins that it pivots on.
I'm just confused how the package is $645 and to do what they say is $1000.00.
Please help any info is much appreciated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You either need the panels or the pins them selfs. There is a guy on ebay who sells them for a under $100

Can't post links at the moment, but if you search "JEEP RENEGADE TONNEAU CARGO COVER MOUNTING STUDS PINS ANCHORS LATITUDE LIMITED " on ebay you will find them.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Yeah, that's one of my strongest pet peeves about this vehicle. All Renegades should, let me re-state, ALL RENEGADES SHOULD come with the tonneau pins already installed in the panels. They're injection molded into the panels and Jeep/Fiat would only need to stock ONE SET instead of creating panels with pins and without pins.

Sure, there are workarounds if you vehicle doesn't have the pins, BUT WE SHOULDN'T HAVE TO.

But all Renegades have all those idiotic Easter eggs scattered about, they didn't skimp there. Sometimes I wonder if this vehicle was designed while holding red Solo cups standing next to a keg of beer.

·
Registered
644 Posts
If you are going to do any type of off-roading, and a set of Traction Boards are in your future...
Rough Country has a set of Traction boards for $100 that come in a black bag that fits perfectly across the back of the cargo area where the tonnteau cover would go.
... they fit as if they were made to go there. and they are much cheaper then an actual tonneau cover. They just don't lift up when you open the hatch. :)

alternate option

·
Registered
303 Posts
If you are going to do any type of off-roading, and a set of Traction Boards are in your future...
Rough Country has a set of Traction boards for $100 that come in a black bag that fits perfectly across the back of the cargo area where the tonnteau cover would go.
... they fit as if they were made to go there.
Wow, perfect timing Ed!

I was just watching this video about a Chinese knock-off of MaxTrax last night.

MaxTrax Vs X Bull

For the dollar difference, and how much (little) I might ever use these, I think the knock-offs would fit my needs. The Max Trax are impressive, but man they are NOT cheap. If I ever do enough to destroy a set of cheapies, then I'll step up to MaxTrax.

The X Bulls are cheaper, but at 108cm (42.5"), not sure how they would fit in back.

X Bull

These Rough Country pieces look nice. So you have these, and they can span all the way across the Jeep cargo area? Out of curiosity, is there enough depth in the cargo area for two sets of these?

·
Registered
644 Posts
Wow, perfect timing Ed! ... These Rough Country pieces look nice. So you have these, and they can span all the way across the Jeep cargo area? Out of curiosity, is there enough depth in the cargo area for two sets of these?
They fit perfect. Right across the two little shelf's. In fact, it is a snug fit, but not too tight.

·
Registered
303 Posts
They fit perfect. Right across the two little shelf's. In fact, it is a snug fit, but not too tight.
Ed, do you have a picture of this, installed?

I just measured the distance across those shelves on mine, and it's 42 7/8. Rough Country (who has those boards on sale right now for $20 off :)) says they are 45", not counting the thickness of the bag. Hard to believe I can wedge them in with more than 2" of extra material on the boards. There might be a 1/16th of give in the trim on each side in the trim panels, but nothing like an inch.

Maybe I'm thinking about this wrong? That's where the picture would help.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Anybody that,s a bit handy and has some basic tools can get anything you need to make your own at box store and discount store. Don,t need to spend all that money.Cost me about $40.and some time for a sturdy carpeted cover than can swing up on studs .

·
Registered
644 Posts
Ed, do you have a picture of this, installed?

I just measured the distance across those shelves on mine, and it's 42 7/8. Rough Country (who has those boards on sale right now for $20 off :)) says they are 45", not counting the thickness of the bag. Hard to believe I can wedge them in with more than 2" of extra material on the boards. There might be a 1/16th of give in the trim on each side in the trim panels, but nothing like an inch.

Maybe I'm thinking about this wrong? That's where the picture would help.
lol, Installed...

They just sit there nicely in their black bag across the top of the rear panels.

20191202_134630.jpg 20191116_121640.jpg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts