Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am familiar with a tonneau cover on a truck, but what would the tonneau cover..cover on the renegade? is it one of those fabric privacy covers you can pull over the cargo area to prevent prying eyes from seeing in there?

·
Registered
370 Posts
You may have to sit back and wait many months for a tonneau cover. On the Jeep web site there's about 2500 Renegades either in transit or on dealers lots and not one of them has a tonneau cover. You may wonder how I figured this out without looking at all 2500. It's kinda simple. Go to do a search for cars on the Jeep site. Filter by price. Plug in 50 units per page and enter in a distance of over 200 miles. Then just click on view window sticker for one of each build price. What you will then see is that none of them have a tonneau cover, none have the 1.4 engine, none have manual transmissions, none have My Sky and none have a trailer hitch.

Jeep advertises that MSRP starts at just under $18,000.00 However the ones in transit or on lots are nowhere close to that. They start $21,675.00 So if they will not allow you to order an $18,000.00 Renegade then is it considered false advertising since you can't get an $18,000.00 And isn't false or deceptive advertising illegal?

Simple solution: let people custom order cars exactly the way they want them.

·
Registered
128 Posts
just purchased the trail hawk edition but didn't get it with the tonneau cover... now I'm wondering if i can get one after the fact, any suggestions?
Molar offers them for like 80$ and I think it's close to, if not the same, fit on the cherokee as trail hawk so you could probably just go get one from a dodge dealer or order one from Mopar

·
Registered
17 Posts
The tonneau cover is a hard one I think for the Renegade. Whereas the one for the Cherokee is your traditional roll-up one. Basically to keep valuables out of view when parked.

Yeah; it articulates when you open the hatch.

Here's the shot of the Cherokees. I doubt it'll be a simple swap, as they're two different systems:

·
Registered
128 Posts
The tonneau cover is a hard one I think for the Renegade. Whereas the one for the Cherokee is your traditional roll-up one. Basically to keep valuables out of view when parked.
Awesome thank you for the pics! I am somewhat disappointed in the quality of the Renegade one. It's nice that it self-articulates upon opening, however I would much prefer a nice roll up, in case I had something too large for the back, which is going to be quite a lot being a C-ute.

·
Registered
97 Posts
It took a while for Accessories to come out for the Cherokee...and I wouldn't assume anything different for the Renegade.

After checking my accessories site, all I'm seeing are the basic, almost universal accessories. I haven't see anything that would absolutely vehicle specific as of yet. I'm sure once summer gets here we'll see more things roll out.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
It took a while for Accessories to come out for the Cherokee...and I wouldn't assume anything different for the Renegade.

After checking my accessories site, all I'm seeing are the basic, almost universal accessories. I haven't see anything that would absolutely vehicle specific as of yet. I'm sure once summer gets here we'll see more things roll out.
It'd probably be a good idea to contact your local dealer about staying in the loop for when they finally get access to order them for you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,
Bought a Renegade Latitude from Liberty Auto City in Libertyville, Illinois.
In their back lot today, they had a just arrived Renegade Limited 4x4. An option listed on the sticker was a tonneau cover. It was a $75 option.
6/26/15
Bill

·
Registered
2 Posts
Tonneau cover

This morning at Liberty Auto City in Libertyville, Illinois they have a Renegade Limited 4x4. One option on the sticker is a tonneau cover adding $75 to the sticker. It was too early in the morning to talk with anyone about it. I think the vehicle arrived late yesterday.
Bill

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.