Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

· Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else found the Renegade to be a little too small for their needs? We really liked the Renegade but found it a little too small. I am 6' tall and while their is plenty of room in the driver's seat it doesn't leave much in the rear seats. I wish it was just a little bigger.

· Registered
499 Posts
Has anyone else found the Renegade to be a little too small for their needs? We really liked the Renegade but found it a little too small. I am 6' tall and while their is plenty of room in the driver's seat it doesn't leave much in the rear seats. I wish it was just a little bigger.
It is a small vehicle - it's in the sub-compact SUV category. Might want to consider the Cherokee or something more towards mid-size.

· Registered
55 Posts
I liked the size. I don't need third row seating (which seems lots of vehicles have these days) and very seldom is someone in the back seat of my vehicles. Heck, I don't even keep a back seat in my Wrangler. I do wish, however, there was more cargo space, but I think I could live with it.

· Registered
111 Posts
I certainly agree with the whole argument that bigger does not equal better. But there are many vehicles that are similar size to the Renegade which are much more expensive and much nicer. You say you want something that can go off road? How about a Range Rover Evoque? Yes, they cost $40-50k, but certainly much nicer than a Renegade. So I'm not going to lease a Renegade for the same payment as I can get an Evoque for.

I'm not making a purchase until 2016, so I'm sure by then there will be better lease programs available. I'm not 100% decided on the Renegade either, but I do like it.

· Super Moderator
3,685 Posts
I'm just shy of 6'7" I was able to adjust the drivers seat to fit me, and fit in the back seat behind me. Granted, not a road trip kind of fit, but definitely a bit better than a take four big adults out to dinner kind of fit.

Is it a full size truck kind of space? No, but if you are having issues fitting people in the back behind a 6' driver, there must be some really odd expectations or some other mitigating issue.

· Registered
318 Posts
I'm just shy of 6'7" I was able to adjust the drivers seat to fit me, and fit in the back seat behind me. Granted, not a road trip kind of fit, but definitely a bit better than a take four big adults out to dinner kind of fit.

Is it a full size truck kind of space? No, but if you are having issues fitting people in the back behind a 6' driver, there must be some really odd expectations or some other mitigating issue.
yupp ... he should lift the Seat up as high as possible then he don´t has to pull it all the way back ... it´s a Jeep not a Ferrari ... ;):D>:D

· Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

For my needs it would be long road trips. I have large friends too. I may go back and actually test drive one. I was only able to sit in it and check it out for bout 10 minutes because someone else was about to test drive it.

· Registered
377 Posts
For my needs it would be long road trips. I have large friends too. I may go back and actually test drive one. I was only able to sit in it and check it out for bout 10 minutes because someone else was about to test drive it.
If your friends are 300lbs+ or 6'7"+ they probably aren't often comfortable in any vehicle. We have a massive carseat for our daughter and have taken a couple 300 mile road trips already. You really won't know until you get out to do a long test drive. Additionally, if you plan to really include your friends' input, you should probably take them out on the test drive with you.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.