Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone take a picture of the "tool bag"? or if there is a part number on the bag, it has a 90 degree tool with torx heads on each end. This tool is for removing the panel under the steering column to be able to release a stuck key. The tool is shown on page 496 of the owners manual and states that it is in the tool bag, which I guess I did not receive.
I'm thinking it might be in the glove compartment????

Thanks in Advance

·
Registered
216 Posts
I also have that spec tool but no tool bag. Should also have airpump/fix-a-flat system, screw driver and funnel in back under lid in cargo area( take away airpump thing if you have a spare with veh) I was told the torx tool is also for removing some cover underneath your vehicle when you change your oil

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I also have that spec tool but no tool bag. Should also have airpump/fix-a-flat system, screw driver and funnel in back under lid in cargo area( take away airpump thing if you have a spare with veh) I was told the torx tool is also for removing some cover underneath your vehicle when you change your oil
I had the tire inflator kit, funnel and a Phillips screw diver, but do not have the special tool. I did replace the inflator kit with a Temp Tire Kit which has the jack, lug wrench and ANOTHER Phillips screw diver, but no special tool.

Oh another trip to the dealer :eek:

Thank for the info

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
My 90 degree tool with Torx heads on each end was loose in my mini-Styrofoam retainer that is next to my spare tire. it was not in the tool bag.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.