Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. Picked up my Renegade night eagle on Tuesday. Had it booked in for a dash cam fitting yesterday. They couldn't do it coz of the constant fuse box. I've got the cams. Any and all suggestions welcome about fitting them please. However, I'm disabled so can only manage so much. Ta muchly in advance 馃檪

Registered
Welcome Boris ;) search it up theres a few on here that have fitted dash cams. Mines just plugged in the *** lighter.

Registered
There is a fuse box in the rear of the jeep as well. What year renegade? What is the problem with the constant fuse box?

Registered
I guess you mean the fuse box under the hood, right? Tell them to hook it up to the fuse box under the dash, there are constant and switched 12v there.

Super Moderator
welcomegroup

and enjoy the forum!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's a 2020 plate. Hardwiring them into the constant fuses means they'll be powered all the time and will drain battery even when I'm not using the car apparently. Now, it was Halfords 馃檮 so they might not be allowed to do it coz of insurance purposes. If there's a fuse box in the boot, could I fit it to that? I've got no problem with using the 12v socket, just figured hard wiring would be easier in the long run:)

Registered
As said the Renegade has 3 fuse boxes, one under the hood where, as they told you, the fuses are hot all the time. Another under the dashboard, which has switchable 12v fuses, and a smaller 3rd one in the trunk.

here you can see the position of each box;

The one in the cabin is very badly designed, highly inaccessible.

Premium Member
. Hardwiring them into the constant fuses means they'll be powered all the time and will drain battery even when I'm not using the car apparently.

Now, it was Halfords 馃檮 so they might not be allowed to do it coz of insurance purposes.

If there's a fuse box in the boot, could I fit it to that?

I've got no problem with using the 12v socket, just figured hard wiring would be easier in the long run:)
I have front and rear cameras operating 24/7 and they have never drained the battery. Fitted to the Jeep as part of the camera control module is "something" that will stop the cameras recording when the battery drops to a specific percentage of charge.

The rear camera takes its power from the rear fuse box if that helps you.

Boris what country are you in? I'm Scotland, just in case you are local to Glasgow.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts