Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can any one find the parts below at a good price? All but #1. I would love to add tow hooks to her Jeep. My dealer said it will be over $350.00 for the parts.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Can any one ofind the parts below at a good price? All but #1. I would love to add tow hooks to her Jeep. My dealer said it will be over $350.00 for the parts.

I just noticed that item number one is the famous missing tow hook. See the post, where to tie down a canoe. That tie down hook has been missing from every single Renegade that I have seen. There is a space for it to be stowed in the square styrofoam box that the jack goes into. But the hook is not in any of them. The delivery drivers fail to leave them.

·
Super Moderator
4,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
I just noticed that item number one is the famous missing tow hook. See the post, where to tie down a canoe. That tie down hook has been missing from every single Renegade that I have seen. There is a space for it to be stowed in the square styrofoam box that the jack goes into. But the hook is not in any of them. The delivery drivers fail to leave them.
Does this also apply to GB and Europe or is it limited to North America? I wonder how many of us actually check things like this before driving off the forecourt?

·
Registered
370 Posts
I don't know about GB or Europe. But the Renegade is made by FCA who also makes the Fiat cars. And I have a Fiat 500L that did come with the round tow hook stowed in the trunk when I bought it new a couple of years ago. Have seen it in many Fiats. Have never seen one in any Renegade. Really makes me wonder what the delivery drivers do with all of those tow hooks.

·
Super Moderator
4,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
753 Posts
Any one get this type of hooks yet and try them out?
I visited their website last week, or maybe even two weeks ago now, and asked for some more details - never got a response at all.

I've still been searching online for an appropriate eyehook, but haven't been as enthusiastic about it lately. I've been short on "play with the Renny" time this past few weeks. I'm having problems finding one with a long enough shaft for the recovery point on the rear bumper.

·
Registered
112 Posts
After searching for a couple of weeks for the mysterious "missing tow hook," I finally got confirmation from "Retiredguns" that Mopar part number 6510637AA is the hook identified as item #1 on the parts breakdown drawing for the Trailhawk tow hooks. This part number is the eyebolt part that threads into the sockets on the front & rear passenger sides of our Renegades. It is a perfect fit for the rear socket, but it sticks out a bit far on the front. It isn't pretty, but it is functional if you need a spot to attach a tow strap to pull a Renegade out of a ditch or up onto a flatbed. There is a spot for storing it in the rear cargo area (if you don't have a spare tire).

I ordered mine from a dealer in Florida on Monday, and it arrived in Texas on Thursday. Total of $35 for the part ($23) and shipping ($12). It was about the same price locally ($32 + tax = $35) but no one in the state had the part in stock. As an interesting side note, the part is made in Poland, and has a sticker with the Fiat, Lancia, and Alpha Romeo logos on it, but nothing about Mopar or Jeep!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Guys let me know how this works for you when you get stuck please.
I hope you don't get any damage from using them. Some photos would be cool too getting pulled out.
Thanks.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.