Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
I have been looking into this. It is my plan to swap out for a Trailhawk front end eventually, but right now it is just too expensive. From my research--yes you do need all the brackets, and the Trailhawk bumper, and maybe the bumper cover to have the tow hooks. I'm not sure if the hooks will clear the chin on the Latitude, and anyway the hooks look better with the Trailhawk bumper cover. It is so so hard to find information on the
Is swap. There isn't even a diagram that actually pictures the Trailhawk front. Why, Jeep?

This makes putting a ragtop sunroof in my bug look like child's play.

·
Registered
476 Posts
@Fingers
Do you mind listing the parts you had to buy to add the hooks? I managed to find a Trailhawk bumper cover, so my parts collection for the project can begin. Were there three brackets per side or just two? And does anyone know why Jeep charges way more for one tow hook that the other?

·
Registered
476 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
your better off going to a junkyard and looko for a crashed trailhawk and get all the parts from the mooshed one

as long as its not a head on crash or front crash - im sure you will pay less and get everything u need -- plus u can easily see where everything goes and how it bolts up without guessing

now the torque of each bolt is another story
Easier said than done. I can't find a junkyard that has one. Do you know how to find one? The biggest junkyard company here (owns three large yards) doesn't even have Renegades as an option on the search.

·
Registered
476 Posts
@elf883
Thanks, I will keep looking. I have been to a couple of junkyards on person. They looked at me like I had a third arm. "I've never even seen a Renegade", one guy said. Hey if you find the parts I need in your area maybe I could pay you to get them?

·
Registered
476 Posts
Thanks! Very helpful.

·
Registered
476 Posts
@Brewc...the eye bolt sold under the name "tow hook" will screw in there, the cover/grill is removable. The Trailhawk red hook will not fit on the passenger side, only the eye bolt.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.