Jeep Renegade Forum banner
41 - 60 of 86 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
We now have the new Tow Hawk kit for front right and left tow hooks now on the non trail hawks. They bolt on to the frame AND sub frame and are made of 3/8 steel that will accept the stock OEM tow hook and our tow hooks from ZL1 Addons. You can use them with the front fake grills off, or you can use them with a hole in the fake grill. Our tow hooks will screw out of the Tow Hawk receivers and you can reinstall fake grills also. YOU DO NOT NEED TO REMOVE FRONT FASCIA!!! to install, they will come with all mounting hardware. Pics here are raw and not painted black to see how they mount.
That is great! Will you sell just the mounts?

·
Registered
125 Posts
We now have the new Tow Hawk kit for front right and left tow hooks now on the non trail hawks. They bolt on to the frame AND sub frame and are made of 3/8 steel that will accept the stock OEM tow hook and our tow hooks from ZL1 Addons. You can use them with the front fake grills off, or you can use them with a hole in the fake grill. Our tow hooks will screw out of the Tow Hawk receivers and you can reinstall fake grills also. YOU DO NOT NEED TO REMOVE FRONT FASCIA!!! to install, they will come with all mounting hardware. Pics here are raw and not painted black to see how they mount.
Ordered mine two days ago :)

·
vBToucan.com Vendor
76 Posts
Congratulations on a job well done. Love to know what the front pair will cost. And what about a pair for the rear end? Are those available too? Price for the rear? Oh and do you have pictures of hooks on the drivers side?
We had to sell the only ones we had so the pics on both sides will be soon. it is just a mirror image. I do not think we can put the cost on the post here.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Yes they went out yesterday fed ex. The instructions we are working on and will be emailed to you. Thanks
Received my tow hooks and mounts yesterday :)

First impression out of the box is that they are well made and finished.

I will update whenever I install, it's a bit cold up here right now.

Attachments

·
vBToucan.com Vendor
76 Posts
I got the factory eyelets and put a D ring on them and this is how they look. I just don't have the balls to see what will happen if you have to do a hard pull on the Jeep from them.

Total price I paid was $25.00 per eyelet and $15.00 per D ring.
One issue with the D ring is that its going to bang around on the front bumper when driving. Our mounts mount to more than just the crash bar as is the OEM type. Ours mount to sub frame and the crash bar.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The D ring and all come with the kit. nothing to buy. Receivers only are on our web site and the price is in the drop down menu.
www.zl1addons.com
https://zl1addons.com/index.php/shop-for-gear/tow-hooks/jeep-renegade-tow-hawk-kit-detail
he said he paid $25 for eyelet and $15 for d ring, which was why I asked. i believe yours run around $140?

As for the full kit there. Have you tested this out in terms of pulling a renegade? If i were to spend that much money I would like at least video proof of a renegade being pulled from mud/ditch by these.

edit: I am aware that these would hold up much better than just an eyelet and d ring, but I just want the eyelet/d-ring for flat beds and if i had roof mounted something.

·
Super Moderator
4,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
do you have a link to the eyelet and d ring you purchased?
No I don't. I just went to my dealer and he looked it up in the computer and ordered them for me.

·
vBToucan.com Vendor
76 Posts
he said he paid $25 for eyelet and $15 for d ring, which was why I asked. i believe yours run around $140?

As for the full kit there. Have you tested this out in terms of pulling a renegade? If i were to spend that much money I would like at least video proof of a renegade being pulled from mud/ditch by these.

edit: I am aware that these would hold up much better than just an eyelet and d ring, but I just want the eyelet/d-ring for flat beds and if i had roof mounted something.
No tow hook out there has a video or a test on pulling strength. The OEM does not have a pulling rating also. To my knowledge, the is no strength rating of a tow hook for any car. Testing would destroy the front end of a Renegade. I was asked to make them by many members on here so they could have hooks on both sides.

·
Registered
162 Posts
No tow hook out there has a video or a test on pulling strength. The OEM does not have a pulling rating also. To my knowledge, the is no strength rating of a tow hook for any car. Testing would destroy the front end of a Renegade. I was asked to make them by many members on here so they could have hooks on both sides.
I think he was just asking if you have just attempted to actually pull a Renegade from one of your hooks, not tested it to failure. I am familiar with actual tow loops used on track cars where the sanctioning body requires you to install one. Those tow eyes look just like yours and are rated as strong enough to pull the vehicle off the track. Ones that are just for appearance have to be labeled as such.

-Jason

·
Registered
11 Posts
My post mentioned testing your full $300+ kit. I'm not talking about testing to failure. Just to see if your $300+ kit could be used in the event that you were to get stuck.

·
vBToucan.com Vendor
76 Posts
No we have not tested it because we do not have any Renegade that we would want to destroy. Ours are not just for appearance they are made to pull a car or truck from off road or up a hill, dragging the car we do not know the load that would put on the car and no other tow hooks out there can tell you either. Ours were made because we were asked to make them by the members on here so they could tie down from both sides of the SUV.

·
Registered
11 Posts
No we have not tested it because we do not have any Renegade that we would want to destroy. Ours are not just for appearance they are made to pull a car or truck from off road or up a hill, dragging the car we do not know the load that would put on the car and no other tow hooks out there can tell you either. Ours were made because we were asked to make them by the members on here so they could tie down from both sides of the SUV.
again I am not talking about your over priced tow eye, I am talking about your "tow hawk" package.

You're calling it a "tow hawk" but you haven't actually tested it because you fear that you may ruin your renegade? wow.

41 - 60 of 86 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.