Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend a good place to get a towbar fitted around Bolton or Preston in the UK.

I think I would prefer the a detachable Westfalia and be towing a small trailer or bike rack.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just thought I would update this myself.

I got a detachable Westfalia fitted at The Towbar Centre in Preston. Very good fitting and service.

They also had to trim the NE rear bumper.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'm glad that you found one you like. I've got to say, otherwise I'd really recommend the Renegade Ready kit. They use the Mopar hitch and parts, with perfect templates and wiring harnesses to make it all super easy. The price is pretty decent too. Very sturdy.

When it's all done, looks factory.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm glad that you found one you like. I've got to say, otherwise I'd really recommend the Renegade Ready kit. They use the Mopar hitch and parts, with perfect templates and wiring harnesses to make it all super easy. The price is pretty decent too. Very sturdy.
Do you buy this off the Web or is there a UK place fitting them? Preferably around Lancaster or South Lakes.

Cheers!
TC

·
Registered
681 Posts
Do you buy this off the Web or is there a UK place fitting them? Preferably around Lancaster or South Lakes.

Cheers!
TC
Be careful. In the EU and UK the law now requires towbars to be certified (have type approval) for use with the vehicle they are fitted to. Plenty of info if you Google it (such as: Fitment of a non type approved towbar on a vehicle registered on or after 1st August 1998 could result in prosecution and in the event of an accident the vehicles insurance could be invalidated.)
It's probable a US import wouldn't have that approval as I believe American hitch systems are slightly different to ours, so they wouldn't normally come over here. (And the cost of shipping a single one from eBay would be pretty horrible too.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.