Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there guys and girls. I have notice that my TPMS is not ready tire pressure correctly. It is telling me that my tires are under 35psi and when I try a manual tire pressure gauge it reads over 35psi. I was trying to find how to reset the TPMS but i don't think you could do that manually on the renegade.

· Registered
221 Posts
Manual does say dont rely on the tire pressure monitoring system. Mine has been dead on though.

Are you sure your manual gauge is working properly? An old worn out one might give a different reading.

How much more is it reading? How many tires?

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you very much for the replies!!
I have used 2 gauges, but yeah they are cheap ones :( I also tried the one from Car and Driver 250/300 PSI Air Compressor and it is so off. I will try with a better one if no I'll go to the dealer.

· Registered
3 Posts
I have had various problems with my 2015 jeep renegade.
It gets 16 mpg! On a four cylinder, 2 wheel drive! The window sticker said to expect 23 city, 29 highway.
Sometimes I can't get the key out of the ignition!
once I could not lock the doors.
I have become quite proficient at disconnecting the battery, waiting a minute for the system to reset, then reconnecting the battery (that's how I get the key out).
The latest problem has been the tire pressure warning.
It suddenly told me all tires were 30 psi. Then 29. Then one tire was 28 psi, while the others were 29.
The next day all tires were 32 psi.
I am afraid of what will happen next.
How many problems does a car have to have to be officially designated a "lemon"?
I hate to say it. The renegade is cute. And easy to park. but with the terrible mpg, and the never ending, still growing list of problems, I wish I had never bought a renegade.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.