Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I have this problem with one of the TPMS sensors installed in the front tyre of my Renegade Jeep 2016 model.
It keeps falling off its location and I can hear it moving around inside the rim when driving at slow speed. Further more it is giving the 'Low tyre pressure failure' warning sign on the dash because of this. The sensor works fine when it's fitted back in its location. It seems that these sensors are just pushed in their locations and don't have any screws to keep them in position. How can I tight fit this sensor. I don't think I need to replace it.
Thanks in advance to all for your help.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I assume in snaps in place on the interior stub of the valve stem. I would have thought it had a fastener but maybe not. Regardless of how it is secured in place, your post gives me the impression that you've had it repaired previously. That would suggest to me that something is broken on the mechanism holding it in place. It will most likely need to be replaced if that is the case.

·
Super Moderator
3,707 Posts
Take it to the tire shop and have them check to see if it was just loose or is broken.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I went to the tire shop. It is a snap on type. Probably it was not inserted in its location probably. Now if it falls off again I'll replace it.
Since we are discussing the TPMS sensors. Can anyone recommend an inexpensive scan tool for these sensors? For the DIY user please.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts