Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2600+ miles and my first real glitch. Fortunately it has no effect on driveability.

My Tire Pressure Warning System has gone offline, twice. In each case, after sitting overnight it came back on after driving a couple of miles the next day.

I'm waiting until it goes off and stays off or I have additional problems before taking it to the dealer.

Before you ask, my '16 Trailhawk should be up to date, software-wise.

Has anyone else experienced this problem and if so, do you know what causes it?

Tim

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just curious what you mean by "it goes offline?" Do you get some sort of error message when attempting to view the tire pressure on the console? The reason I ask is because I live in Minneapolis and I've noticed that according to the TPMS, psi fluctuates 3-5 depending on the outdoor temp and other factors. For the first week it warned me that tire pressure was low every single time I turned the vehicle on. After the first week, it stopped giving me the low tire pressure warning but psi is still fluctuating between 33 - 38 depending on the outside elements.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I get a message that the TPWS needs servicing and dashes appear next to the wheels in the display instead of pressures. The pressures normally fluctuate with temperature and use which is to be expected.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The manual suggests that when this problem occurs it is likely something interfering with the radio signal from the sensors reaching the receiver. None of the possible causes of interference suggested in the manual apply in my case. Makes me suspect something with the receiver itself but only time will tell...... I will advise if I learn anything.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
TPWS fail

I'm at a little over 4000 miles and just came back from my first visit to the dealer for service. My Tire Pressure Warning System has been intermittent, failing and restarting about 10 times in the last couple thousand miles.

The dealer said it was due to a bad wheel sensor and replaced it under warranty. I've only driven the Jeep about 20 miles since but the TPWS is working, which it wasn't when I took it in.

If the fix doesn't hold I'll let you know. In the meantime, it is good to know that one bad sensor can take the whole system offline.

I'm still lovin' my Renegade!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.