Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've trade in my 7 years old BMW for a Jeep!!! Do you think it's a good decision? I love the look of BMW but wanted to have a more fun car. Hope that Renegade is reliable since many issues are reported.

Will miss my car, Delivery of my Rene around July.

Attachments

·
Registered
607 Posts
The Jeep Renegade has a nice thick steering wheel (even thicker if you got the heated seats & steering wheel) similar to your BMW - and excellent steering feel also, the jeep will feel surprisingly lighter than your 3 series, it does not feel like a truck at all - you will not be disappointed with the steering coming from a BMW.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Back from dealership and bad news :( I've order since May and delivery suppose to be this week but they have a shipping issue so would get in August. Too long to wait, so I might go with a Wrangler they have in stock. Still unsure because of my budget. What do you think Wrangler or Renegade? How reliable is the Wrangler compare to the Renegade?

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
A Renegade and Wrangler are two different Jeeps. It depends on what you want the Jeep for, as each will have their pros and cons. Mostly on the blacktop with occasional off road use, then I would go with a 4x4 Renegade. If you want some serious hardcore off road use then I guess a Wrangler would be more suitable. Saying that the little Renegade is a very capable off road vehicle, but there are going to be times when only a Wrangler will do. Horses for courses = your choice.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Might want to take a look at a Cherokee if you can't wait for a Renegade. Good on road manners and off-road as well, properly equipped, and its a pretty nice ride if you can get over the look of it (front end isn't my cup of tea). Probably would have went with one if I hadn't gotten a Renegade.

Just my .02

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for your reply but I've decided to wait for the Reny cause I love the community around it and the car. Also the trade-in for my Bmw is so low that paying a Wrangler for the price they offer will blow my budget.

Reactions: kevinfourlegs
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.