Jeep Renegade Forum banner
181 - 200 of 201 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Going in on Monday to get my hitch installed by jeep dealer that sold me my renegade. They dropped the price to $429.30 with tax all I had to do is show them the quote for $405.00 easy peeze. Will show all after the install.

I went in at 12.30 Monday and it took until today Thursday to get it installed. They had the hitch, bezel, and the wiring kit that is all they had. The bolts, washers and nuts along with the clips that break when removing the fascia were not ordered cause they didn't know they were needed. When it came to the cutout for the bezel they would not do it so they ordered the fascia with the cutout. Total costs out of pocket was $581.54. I have all the part numbers if someone needs them. after watching the install it is a piece of cake and I should have done it.
Can you share with me the prt numbers and the cost breakdown for your installation? Thanks.

·
Registered
753 Posts
They had the hitch, bezel, and the wiring kit that is all they had. The bolts, washers and nuts along with the clips that break when removing the fascia were not ordered cause they didn't know they were needed. When it came to the cutout for the bezel they would not do it so they ordered the fascia with the cutout. Total costs out of pocket was $581.54. I have all the part numbers if someone needs them. after watching the install it is a piece of cake and I should have done it.
Looks good, :)

Did they order/install actual Mopar equipment? Or was it an after-market version you/they found?

I found this kit over at RenegadeReady.com:
- http://www.renegadeready.com/trailer-hitch-retrofit-kit_p_77.html

Just not sure if I wanna take on this little project myself, especially since my Rene-Lat is barely 2wks owned, :)

Did you hang out and watch then install stuff? I've been browsing YouTube trying to find something, but I guess these puppies are so new there hasn't been much custom work done yet.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Looks good, :)

Did they order/install actual Mopar equipment? Or was it an after-market version you/they found?

I found this kit over at RenegadeReady.com:
- http://www.renegadeready.com/trailer-hitch-retrofit-kit_p_77.html

Just not sure if I wanna take on this little project myself, especially since my Rene-Lat is barely 2wks owned, :)

Did you hang out and watch then install stuff? I've been browsing YouTube trying to find something, but I guess these puppies are so new there hasn't been much custom work done yet.

I hung around for about 4 hrs. while they took off the fascia and the trim items with similar tool that Renegade Ready sells. Once they told me that the rest of the items needed to be ordered I left. The work was done at the dealer using mopar parts hence the part numbers. Good luck if you try the install.

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
It would be cool if they would have video document the process for YouTube, but on the other side of that coin, it would probably give their competitors a leg up.

TS

·
Registered
1 Posts
hitch jeep renegade

hello Minijeep...

Sorry for my poor english...
Can you explain to me how i can do for extract the side of the bumper... i'am trying to do it recently the corner of the bumper is clipped and i can't see how extrac it...
thank you for your return.
have a nice day.
Jeep25 (France - 25310)

·
Registered
132 Posts
So just to check in again, I followed back up with the Parts dept at my local dealer. The guy I talked to this time was at least helpful and took the time to figure out what exactly I would need by calling Mopar.

He didn't give me a full breakdown yet, but calculated cost on the parts I'd need and it came out to a little over $750, not including labor. Now, hopefully anyone else who has had the dealer install can chime in here: Did anything need to be painted?

My Parts guy was told by Mopar that they'd need to paint a part on the new bumper they'd have to order that already has the hole cut out, which I can only assume is the silver-y piece below the bumper area where the hitch would go. I'm assuming this is the Fascia but I have no earthly idea.

I'm afraid this and the labor alone is going to skyrocket the price even more, tempting me to attempt the RenegadeReady kit install. I really, really want a hitch, as it's a pain in the ass folding my rear seats down to get my bike in every time I go cycling. However, I despise the under-the-bumper hitches because I do plan on taking this thing on some light trails and other fun adventures in due time...

·
Registered
753 Posts
I'm right with ya' Beep_Beep_Jeep

I really want a hitch, but don't want the under-the-bumper one. I'm not sure if I'm comfortable tackling the RenegadeReady project myself, and my boys are only 9 - so they're not exactly helpful when it comes to projects such as this, :)

In my garage sits my 4-bike carrier, and my cargo rack - collecting dust, :(

However, the price of the RenegadeReady kit VS what the dealer will likely cost is a huge deciding factor... I might just have no choice but to force myself to be comfortable taking this one myself...

·
Registered
62 Posts
The final quote for the hitch package from the Jeep dealer in Bartow Florida was $1000. After I chocked, I agreed and this week, they failed to secure the parts for installation. I'm getting my Renegade back tomorrow, with no hitch. I want the hitch through the bumper. I don't want to lose clearance on my Trailhawk. My immediate need is for carrying bikes. I'm going to look hard for a rear bike carrier this week to get me through the summer, and wait for the supply chain on the hitch to catch up with the demand.

·
Registered
181 Posts
The final quote for the hitch package from the Jeep dealer in Bartow Florida was $1000. After I chocked, I agreed and this week, they failed to secure the parts for installation. I'm getting my Renegade back tomorrow, with no hitch. I want the hitch through the bumper. I don't want to lose clearance on my Trailhawk. My immediate need is for carrying bikes. I'm going to look hard for a rear bike carrier this week to get me through the summer, and wait for the supply chain on the hitch to catch up with the demand.
That's ridiculous considering the FTP is only $400. Jeep should be subsidizing the dealerships for this cost. You would have paid $400 if it was available to you at the time of purchase. It's Jeep's fault it wasn't.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'm right with ya' Beep_Beep_Jeep

I really want a hitch, but don't want the under-the-bumper one. I'm not sure if I'm comfortable tackling the RenegadeReady project myself, and my boys are only 9 - so they're not exactly helpful when it comes to projects such as this, :)

In my garage sits my 4-bike carrier, and my cargo rack - collecting dust, :(

However, the price of the RenegadeReady kit VS what the dealer will likely cost is a huge deciding factor... I might just have no choice but to force myself to be comfortable taking this one myself...

welp, if its any help I felt exactly the same way you did. I am somewhat mechanically inclined, but to be honest I am not a huge fan of wrenching on cars. After a few calls with disappointing quotes and lack of knowledge I decided to go the Renegade Ready route.

I am so glad I did, it really is not that difficult. I have a bad back (spinal fusion), I am very mobile, it just stiffens up after awhile. I did the whole thing by myself. It did take a little longer then average due to my taking breaks, and a trip to the auto parts store for some wiring connectors - just shy of 8 hours.

If you follow their (excellent) instructions, and you have ALL of their required and recommended tools you will be able to do it no problem.

I do have a few recommendations tho:

Definitely jack up the car and take off the tires
Buy a few more of the blue body clips that comes with the kit - I am not sure what the part number is but you run into the possibility of breaking more then they give you extra.
Give them a call if you have any questions, they are super helpful.

·
Registered
1 Posts
"With a full set of european style tools, panel tools etc, discovering the removal process for the rear fascia alone took over 3 hours. There are about 2 dozen fasteners of different types to remove inside and out of the vehicle and even inside of body voids. Ideally, the rear wheels should be removed to ease the removal of nearly impossible to reach one-time-use snap in fasteners. There are even 2 snap fasteners on each side that cannot be removed and will be broken in the process and need to be replaced."

Do you know the part # of the 2 clamps that will get broken upon removal of the fascia? Or, would you happen to know where I can get replacements?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Oh hey...just got this email from Heritage Jeep in Logan, Ut. There's soon to be a "kit" which would bring down the price.....

"Subject: Re: Heritage CJDR New submission from Contact Parts

Carrie:
Thanks for contacting us about your Renegade, I have spent some*
time looking into this for you and Mopar is getting ready to produce a*
kit that has the hitch, bezel, and hardware all in it, in fact they even*
have a part number for it and it cost 195.00 but the catch is that they*
don't have any out in the field right now and they can't give me an*
exact date of when it will be available. I can however order all the*
pieces individually but the cost jumps up a lot!! It would be 378.00*
just for the parts.
So in order for me to do it right now it would be 378 for parts and*
because the bumper has to come off its about 3 hours labor so that would*
be another 210 for the labor totaling at 588 plus tax.
Now if they can wait for Mopar to get the kit out it would only be 195*
for parts and 210 for the labor totaling 405 plus tax.
If you have any more questions feel free to email us or feel free to*
even call

Thanks again for you time
Ryan Williamson ( parts manager)"
What’s the part number?

181 - 200 of 201 Posts