Jeep Renegade Forum banner
161 - 180 of 201 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Oh hey...just got this email from Heritage Jeep in Logan, Ut. There's soon to be a "kit" which would bring down the price.....

"Subject: Re: Heritage CJDR New submission from Contact Parts

Carrie:
Thanks for contacting us about your Renegade, I have spent some*
time looking into this for you and Mopar is getting ready to produce a*
kit that has the hitch, bezel, and hardware all in it, in fact they even*
have a part number for it and it cost 195.00 but the catch is that they*
don't have any out in the field right now and they can't give me an*
exact date of when it will be available. I can however order all the*
pieces individually but the cost jumps up a lot!! It would be 378.00*
just for the parts.
So in order for me to do it right now it would be 378 for parts and*
because the bumper has to come off its about 3 hours labor so that would*
be another 210 for the labor totaling at 588 plus tax.
Now if they can wait for Mopar to get the kit out it would only be 195*
for parts and 210 for the labor totaling 405 plus tax.
If you have any more questions feel free to email us or feel free to*
even call

Thanks again for you time
Ryan Williamson ( parts manager)"

·
Registered
54 Posts
Copy/pasted your quote sheet, sent it to two Jeep dealers here in Utah today, and both said they would match that price. Thanks for taking the time to post that for us. One of the dealerships is the one that originally quoted me over $800 :)
Glad I could help, This formant is here to help people not to harass and intimidate like so many. What gets me is people who do not even own a renegade calling out does who do for no good reason. Any new auto will have problems but with help from sites like this things will get better, if you have problems take it in and get it fixed then after the fix post the problem so that others can benefit as well.

·
Registered
132 Posts
So I asked the parts department at my local dealer (who still has their first three 2wd Renegades on the lot) and they pulled up parts for the hitch, but no prices or anything and couldn't tell me anything else other than to check back in a few weeks.

Should I maybe call Mopar or Jeep Customer Care and ask? I'm dying for a hitch, really need to an easier way to haul a bike. 500ish is semi-reasonable, but I'd love that 405 that @evrafter was quoted.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Both my dealer and Jeep customer care say that there is no hitch kit available for the Renegade Trailhawk and they have no date that they will have them because they are all being used the Renegades coming of the line. So what is this kit that people here are talking about? Has anyone actually had one installed?

·
Registered
2 Posts
What are these Hitch kits?

Both my dealer and Jeep.com customer care are saying that the OEM hitch kits for the Trailhawk are not available and that there is no date when they will be because the ones being manufactured are being put on the Trailhawks coming of the line. So what are these kits that people are saying will be to them this week? Has anyone actually had one installed?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Going in on Monday to get my hitch installed by jeep dealer that sold me my renegade. They dropped the price to $429.30 with tax all I had to do is show them the quote for $405.00 easy peeze. Will show all after the install.

·
Registered
10 Posts
For your info, From MOPAR ; "Unfortunately after going through our internal channels I was able to find that Mopar does not have a hitch receiver or wiring harness available for the Renegade yet. It was estimated that a part should be available sometime in July. Sorry for the inconvenience. Hope this helps!"

I have the MOPAR Hitch instal on My Jeep and the Wire doesn't fit with anything on the car. The adapter will come only in July as best.
I had to order wire kit from Renegade ready to be able to plug the light from my trailer.

Just be ready to do the same

·
Registered
54 Posts
For your info, From MOPAR ; "Unfortunately after going through our internal channels I was able to find that Mopar does not have a hitch receiver or wiring harness available for the Renegade yet. It was estimated that a part should be available sometime in July. Sorry for the inconvenience. Hope this helps!"

I have the MOPAR Hitch instal on My Jeep and the Wire doesn't fit with anything on the car. The adapter will come only in July as best.
I had to order wire kit from Renegade ready to be able to plug the light from my trailer.

Just be ready to do the same

I will find out come Monday, the electrical part is from rigid hitch part # 118651
http://www.rigidhitch.com/products/118651.
I know that this part is not part of the kit. Hope this works for me, I will tell all come Monday.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just got my Rene 4x4 Limited back from NJ body shop which installed mopar hitch. Looks just like a factory install. Nice job! Hitch was $280, bumper bezel $54, hitch bolts $24, (no wire harness yet), labor $175, total about $540 plus tax. Probably won't do wire harness since I will use only for fish rod/cooler rack, bike rack, etc.

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Man, that looks a lot better than I was expecting. I really wish FCA would hurry up and offer theirs, as it should be the exact same kit. Aren't the parts RR is getting just Euro parts or am I completely wrong?
The Renegade Ready one also comes with a cutting template they developed and 12 pages of instructions with pictures (4 more pages just for the wiring). They ship the extra parts you'll need too which my dealer couldn't even locate in the system by himself. Made mine go on very easy and wired up very professionally.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just got my Rene 4x4 Limited back from NJ body shop which installed mopar hitch. Looks just like a factory install. Nice job! Hitch was $280, bumper bezel $54, hitch bolts $24, (no wire harness yet), labor $175, total about $540 plus tax. Probably won't do wire harness since I will use only for fish rod/cooler rack, bike rack, etc.
what shop? who did it?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Going in on Monday to get my hitch installed by jeep dealer that sold me my renegade. They dropped the price to $429.30 with tax all I had to do is show them the quote for $405.00 easy peeze. Will show all after the install.

I went in at 12.30 Monday and it took until today Thursday to get it installed. They had the hitch, bezel, and the wiring kit that is all they had. The bolts, washers and nuts along with the clips that break when removing the fascia were not ordered cause they didn't know they were needed. When it came to the cutout for the bezel they would not do it so they ordered the fascia with the cutout. Total costs out of pocket was $581.54. I have all the part numbers if someone needs them. after watching the install it is a piece of cake and I should have done it.

Attachments

161 - 180 of 201 Posts