Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen a few threads asking this question, and some people have postulated the theory of what it would take. I have not actually seen anybody do this yet. I have a friend who works for a car rental place who owes me a favor and will give me full access to a trail hawk for a weekend.

The big thing that I will be checking is what exactly it takes to do the conversion to my Sport model Renegade. If there is anything else that people may want me to check, just let me know.

I will be out of town this next weekend, but am shooting for tear down the 17th-19th of March

·
Registered
476 Posts
Are you going to do the whole thing with the tow hooks on front? As far as I know, you can put the Trailhawk bumper on any model. Getting the hooks is harder. I'm trying to do the conversion too. Working on my parts collection. I'll be watching your progress with interest:D

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you going to do the whole thing with the tow hooks on front? As far as I know, you can put the Trailhawk bumper on any model. Getting the hooks is harder. I'm trying to do the conversion too. Working on my parts collection. I'll be watching your progress with interest:D
Yes, my goal is to be able to do a write up on a full conversion of the front end of the trail hawk. any bumps or issues i run into i'll post.

·
Registered
30 Posts
If you find out if this is doable post about it. I have been considering it because Rocky Road Outfitters makes a nice front bull bar setup that I really like and plus the clearence is better in the front. I don't care so much for the tow hooks but the guys at RRO say that it utilizes the factory tow hooks to install. Not sure what that means exactly. But I figured I would need them to mount it. So if you come across info about retrofitting the bumper and/or tow hooks let us know.

·
Registered
203 Posts
the guys at RRO say that it utilizes the factory tow hooks to install. Not sure what that means exactly.
http://www.jeeprenegadeforum.com/forum/498-aftermarket-add-ons/13369-rocky-road-outfitters-10.html

Just remove the 2 Bolts holding up each hook, slide the mount in between the hook and top , line up the holes,put back the bolts but don't tighten them , the hooks may push back some ,so you have to pull them back forward by putting a strap on the hooks ,rap the strap around tree ,back up pulling the hooks forward , then tighten the bolts .....done!! Next attach the skid plate and that's Easy too just 4 bolts .2 on top ,2 on bottom... Done
Wickyup2 posted some pics of his install of an RRO winch bumper.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you find out if this is doable post about it. I have been considering it because Rocky Road Outfitters makes a nice front bull bar setup that I really like and plus the clearence is better in the front. I don't care so much for the tow hooks but the guys at RRO say that it utilizes the factory tow hooks to install. Not sure what that means exactly. But I figured I would need them to mount it. So if you come across info about retrofitting the bumper and/or tow hooks let us know.
I am still working on getting the time to do it, when i did my DRL mod i noticed what looked like bolted on mounting points higher up in the bumper where the threaded tow hook would go (essentially the female end of the threaded part is bolted on to the frame). It looks about the height where the trail hawk tow hooks would go. Ill update as i go along.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Im in process of put a trail hawk bumper on with tow hooks . Try to figure out is there any more parts i need. And ho to do it . Need some guidance on it . Follow me on Instagram #LILBEASTISALIVE

·
Premium Member
1,357 Posts
Im in process of put a trail hawk bumper on with tow hooks . Try to figure out is there any more parts i need. And ho to do it . Need some guidance on it . Follow me on Instagram #LILBEASTISALIVE
W E L C O M E ! ! ! to the forum.

Trailhawk Take-Offs
Everything needed in the first two pics.

What it takes and why:

Hook mounts with support bracing;

Front bumper (steel bumper, raised 3 inches higher then the other Renegade models for better approach angle (Upland and Deserthawk are the exceptions));

Lower core support (to raise the radiator 3 inches to fit the Trailhawk bumper cover);

Front bumper cover (because the bumper is raised 3 inches);

Reactions: dgr401
1 - 8 of 8 Posts