Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone understand how some dealerships can list Renegade TH online for sub-$24,000??? I understand they pull every available incentive out of the price, but my point is... if they advertise it, they better **** sure be able to let go of the vehicle for that price. Isn't this false advertising? I called a dealership in Roseville, MI because they had several THs priced at $24k or lower ( http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/632704617/overview/ ). I talked to the internet salesperson and she said that those prices where "state resident incentives only". Can anyone call "BS" or has anyone gotten close to these prices at a local dealership? I'm trying to wrap my head around these prices so when I start negotiating I don't look like a complete idiot (not going to lie, difficult to do, lol) and get laughed at by the dealer. Ultimately what I am trying to do is when the dealer tells me the price is "firm" at $26,XXX...???? I want them to explain to me how other dealers in MI, OH, and MD are advertising $2k below their "firm" price. I know the answer will be a complete load of crap about incentives, but why advertise as such if you're not willing to go there???

·
Registered
499 Posts
but why advertise as such if you're not willing to go there???
You said it - they're probably including every incentive possible, like the $1,000 Lease Conquest bonus cash if you turn in your existing lease and anything else that might be available (military, new grad, etc).

But more likely than not, they probably only offer that lowball price if you use their financing, with whatever local bank they have an arrangement with. It likely comes in at a higher than ideal rate and they get some kickback from the deal.

That would explain the need for you to be local to them I guess?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You said it - they're probably including every incentive possible, like the $1,000 Lease Conquest bonus cash if you turn in your existing lease and anything else that might be available (military, new grad, etc).

But more likely than not, they probably only offer that lowball price if you use their financing, with whatever local bank they have an arrangement with. It likely comes in at a higher than ideal rate and they get some kickback from the deal.

That would explain the need for you to be local to them I guess?

Yes most likely you are right. Kickbacks and higher APR (or other fees/taxes). I'm just trying to gather as much information that can be shoved into my pea brain, so I can be prepared when it's time to negotiate. I'm doing a ton of homework and stressing already and I'm at least a month away from having to do my homework and stressing!! lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.