Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Test drive trailhawk
A trailhawk finally showed up at a dealer close to me so we went to give it a look.
First impressions sitting inside was how big it felt oceans of headroom, honestly I felt like I'd shrunk 6 inches. My current car I only have maybe 1-2 inches headroom, the jeep at least 6, I'm 6 foot tall, 33 inch inseam.

Love the view out the front with the hood, reminded me of when I was a kid riding around in my dads CJ.

Regarding visibility, I wouldn't say it's limited at all, just different. I love the view out the front I can see just fine, a few minutes of driving and I didn't even see the pillars anymore. Out back the view is definitely smaller than I'm used to, but the huge side mirrors more than make up for it.

Occasionally we find ourselves in need of a board of some sort from Home Depot. So I measured inside and it is about 8 ft from the vents on the dash to the lift gate. So if we find ourselves in need of a 2x4 or trim that's 8 foot, they will squeeze in there.

Any owners out there tried putting a bicycle inside, hard to be sure it will fit without actually trying?

The bad news is that they had us drive on a short loop that it was clear they wanted us to stick to, think I only got about 30 seconds on the highway if that and no off road

There's a larger dealer to the south that has an off road test course, doesn't look that impressive in the video but it's something

Anyway were looking at buying sometime in the fall, probably a 2016 model. The mission this time out was to see if I like it and that's a definitive yes. We're hoping at some point to visit on a Sunday and look at colors as I'm not sure what I want yet.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
55 Posts
One negative I think is I had to duck a little when I was checking out the cargo area in back. If not you will, you will hit your head. I'm only 5'7" so it might take some getting used to getting groceries in and out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.