Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a MOPAR Tow eye for my Trailhawk, thinking I might be able to come up with a beach flag mount using it. I also thought it would be handy for loading on a flatbed truck since I would just as soon not have steel hooks used on my Red tow hooks.

I should have looked at the mount first because when I popped the access cover and tried to screw it in the front hole there was nothing to screw into! At least not within the reach of the shaft of the tow eye. I tried it on the rear and that went in OK so I guess I'll keep it..... When I get the chance I'll inspect the area behind the front bumper a little more closely and see if there is anything behind there at all. You'd wonder why they'd put an access hole there if there was nothing to screw into.

·
Registered
2015 Trailhawk
404 Posts
I ordered a MOPAR Tow eye for my Trailhawk, thinking I might be able to come up with a beach flag mount using it. I also thought it would be handy for loading on a flatbed truck since I would just as soon not have steel hooks used on my Red tow hooks.

I should have looked at the mount first because when I popped the access cover and tried to screw it in the front hole there was nothing to screw into! At least not within the reach of the shaft of the tow eye. I tried it on the rear and that went in OK so I guess I'll keep it..... When I get the chance I'll inspect the area behind the front bumper a little more closely and see if there is anything behind there at all. You'd wonder why they'd put an access hole there if there was nothing to screw into.
If I'm remembering correctly, I think I've read here that the tow eye is used to sort of tie down non-TH Renegades during shipping. I think they use the tow hooks on the TH for that purpose, so no need for an additional tow eye.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.