Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
I had mine in for PA state inspection in April. They did an update then. The shifting behavior changed a little.

In normal driving, it doesn't really feel any different (it always had driven well). But previously, I could not shift into 8th gear until going at least 50 mph and couldn't shift into 9th until at least 63 mph. After the update, I can now shift into 8th around 40 or so, and into 8th at around 45 or 50 mph.

These changes didn't make the transmission better or worse necessarily, but just different.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I was intoday for my passive entry light for the second time and they are going to replace the module. Also asked about updates and I have 2. One is ECM(Engine Control Module) and the other is TCM(Transmission Control Module). They did the ECM today and they are doing the TCM and replace the Passive entry module on Monday.

I wish they would of done the TCM today to see how it drives with the Transmission updates.

Here is the bulletins for them.

View attachment 45834 View attachment 45842

View attachment 45850 View attachment 45858

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.