Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, had the Trailhawk for 3 months, about 3,000 miles. No long trips yet. Upgrades include:
1. Dash and door speaker replacement for the 6 speaker system- 100 bills and one hour of my time.
2. Put Rhinorack sports bars on, so I now have the capacity to put luggage or other up top.
3. Trail hitch was recently added and I have bought a trail hitch basket for hailing.
4. Minor cosmetic, but added a red Renegade decal to the Black matte hood. I love the all black, but the red matches the red trim and really looks nice.

No for the question and only one last upgrade that I really feel I need...a subwoofer! I know there have been several threads on this, many people are doing things a bit different.
Lots of people have replaced the Beats subwoofer in the 9 speaker package and others have added a sub with a new enclosure.
I want to add a new sub (and amp, of course) but would like to use the existing space in the trunk area, so as to not reduce the already sparse storage space.
So the specific questions are:
1.Where do run the red feed power line from running to power the amp?
2. Where is the best place to put the amp?
3. Were should the "input" for music line come from?

Attachments

· Super Moderator
3,685 Posts
Oh yea and I forgot the obvious question...what brand/model subwoofer will fit into the existing enclosure?
You don't have a sub enclosure with teh 6 speaker. MAdness auto works is in theory making one that fits in the passenger side access space where the factory enclosure goes. It's not done yet though.

· Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, thanks. I knew someone was working on that, but if other had ideas about how to build an enclosure to fit that very tight space, I am all ears! Does Mopar cells the sub with enclosure? Based on the quality of the speakers that they put into my vehicle, I would prefer to NOT go this route, but...

· Super Moderator
3,685 Posts
Yes, thanks. I knew someone was working on that, but if other had ideas about how to build an enclosure to fit that very tight space, I am all ears! Does Mopar cells the sub with enclosure? Based on the quality of the speakers that they put into my vehicle, I would prefer to NOT go this route, but...
Someone managed to pick up the factory enclosure.

My $0.02 is if you aren't wired for it already, I'd try one of the following:

8" shallow mount sub under the drivers seat (assuming not the power seat, manual should have room under there).

8" shallow mount in an enclosure that replaces the rear floor/spare covering panel and makes use of the space in the wheel and raises the whole cargo floor an inch or two.

· Registered
607 Posts
Okay, had the Trailhawk for 3 months, about 3,000 miles. No long trips yet. Upgrades include:
1. Dash and door speaker replacement for the 6 speaker system- 100 bills and one hour of my time.
2. Put Rhinorack sports bars on, so I now have the capacity to put luggage or other up top.
3. Trail hitch was recently added and I have bought a trail hitch basket for hailing.
4. Minor cosmetic, but added a red Renegade decal to the Black matte hood. I love the all black, but the red matches the red trim and really looks nice.

No for the question and only one last upgrade that I really feel I need...a subwoofer! I know there have been several threads on this, many people are doing things a bit different.
Lots of people have replaced the Beats subwoofer in the 9 speaker package and others have added a sub with a new enclosure.
I want to add a new sub (and amp, of course) but would like to use the existing space in the trunk area, so as to not reduce the already sparse storage space.
So the specific questions are:
1.Where do run the red feed power line from running to power the amp?
2. Where is the best place to put the amp?
3. Were should the "input" for music line come from?

Post pictures of red hood decal please?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.