Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cant find any good simple answers on google and a search of the forums had only one thread that didnt really help with my question.
I have been stuck waiting on a trailhawk in Vancouver for months on months and still no date in site. I am not a big off roader and the majority of my driving will be city and traffic. Once or twice a month I will be going up logging roads, no trail blazing or real off roading other than driving a bit off the path to camp.
Is there a need for the Trailhawk if I can get a Latitude (North in canada) with 4x4 and the 2.4L 9 speed with a whole lot more options for a better price? I'll also be dealing with snow and cold winters.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I cant find any good simple answers on google and a search of the forums had only one thread that didnt really help with my question.
I have been stuck waiting on a trailhawk in Vancouver for months on months and still no date in site. I am not a big off roader and the majority of my driving will be city and traffic. Once or twice a month I will be going up logging roads, no trail blazing or real off roading other than driving a bit off the path to camp.
Is there a need for the Trailhawk if I can get a Latitude (North in canada) with 4x4 and the 2.4L 9 speed with a whole lot more options for a better price? I'll also be dealing with snow and cold winters.
I think the Latitude is completely adequate unless you plan to offroad quite a bit or do more serious offroading. I live at a ski resort in Northern Idaho (near Canada) and I purchased the Latitude with manual transmission because I like to shift. Ground clearance is only slightly lower (7.9 vs 8.7 inches) for the Latitude but very little difference in height. Latitude will get better MPG in my opinion as well since weight is less and you have the front air dam.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts

If you don't need the slightly higher ground clearance or the skid plates, the latitude would probably do very nicely. I don't know what the spec differences are in Canada. For snow and ice the tyres probably matter more.

·
Registered
196 Posts
don't fall for jeeps market branding that try to get people to spend money they don't need to the renegades are very similar more then most in jeeps line up I feel jeep did not really do enough to make the trail hawk that special compared to the rest of the trims anyway if u like the trail hawk because of looks and need 4WD low its one thing but the latitude 4x4 and trail hawk are exactly the same minus the interior and exterior touch's on both models the main feature in the trailhawk is 4wd low combined with a rock setting which puts the car into a low gear for crawling or scaling rocks and rough terrain useless for everyday driving

id say most jeep owners never use it or even know what it does majority of people buy cars, jeeps, whatever because they like the look and it fits there family or life but on a basic level AWD, sunroof seating for 7, etc most people never dive in deep on tech specs to actually learn what there buying or how to use all the features car companies love uneducated buyers (the majority in America anyway) because your buying more then you need or will use and the sales person at the dealership will sway you to spend more money on a higher trim level they know when your clueless lol got a guy down the block spent over 50 grand on a rubicon hark rock because the sales person told him the lessor wranglers are less capable lol mind you his roughest terrain is a construction site lol and hes asking me how does the 4x4 modes work in specific I just look at him with two heads guess money and common sense don't go together

·
Registered
113 Posts
don't fall for jeeps market branding that try to get people to spend money they don't need to the renegades are very similar more then most in jeeps line up I feel jeep did not really do enough to make the trail hawk that special compared to the rest of the trims anyway if u like the trail hawk because of looks and need 4WD low its one thing but the latitude 4x4 and trail hawk are exactly the same minus the interior and exterior touch's on both models the main feature in the trailhawk is 4wd low combined with a rock setting which puts the car into a low gear for crawling or scaling rocks and rough terrain useless for everyday driving

id say most jeep owners never use it or even know what it does majority of people buy cars, jeeps, whatever because they like the look and it fits there family or life but on a basic level AWD, sunroof seating for 7, etc most people never dive in deep on tech specs to actually learn what there buying or how to use all the features car companies love uneducated buyers (the majority in America anyway) because your buying more then you need or will use and the sales person at the dealership will sway you to spend more money on a higher trim level they know when your clueless lol got a guy down the block spent over 50 grand on a rubicon hark rock because the sales person told him the lessor wranglers are less capable lol mind you his roughest terrain is a construction site lol and hes asking me how does the 4x4 modes work in specific I just look at him with two heads guess money and common sense don't go together

Do you speak the same way that you write?

·
Registered
378 Posts
The North is fine for what you want to do and the best fit for most people that just want a capable 4X4. If you were a dedicated off roader and climb mountains I would say get the Trailhawk.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you don't need the slightly higher ground clearance or the skid plates, the latitude would probably do very nicely. I don't know what the spec differences are in Canada. For snow and ice the tyres probably matter more.
Sort of off topic, but isnt there a lift available to raise up the latitude to relatively the same height? I imagine there would be an aftermarket skid plate if I felt it necessary or is it something that would take a lot of fabrication and modification?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.