Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, my Trailhawk has the factory trailer hitch package.. I purchased one of the Jeep Trailer hitch lights that plugs into the hitch .
i
It is activated by the brake pin..the other pins aren't used. I have this same hitch light on my 2014 Cherokee.. The Renegade however has a bulb monitor and now is activated everytime we start the Renegade.. the center screen lights up and say Trailer light problem.. then a light stays lit all the time above the P in the PRND display area. does anyone know of a hitch light that has fake loads on the other un used pins to clear the warning?
Thanks Dave F..

· Registered
216 Posts
Hello Dave

You might have to install a load resister to the wire to simulate a higher wattage draw and trick CANBUS so fault message and light wont display in dash. You can google it and lots of parts stores, etc carry diff types, brands, etc.

Hello everyone, my Trailhawk has the factory trailer hitch package.. I purchased one of the Jeep Trailer hitch lights that plugs into the hitch .
i
It is activated by the brake pin..the other pins aren't used. I have this same hitch light on my 2014 Cherokee.. The Renegade however has a bulb monitor and now is activated everytime we start the Renegade.. the center screen lights up and say Trailer light problem.. then a light stays lit all the time above the P in the PRND display area. does anyone know of a hitch light that has fake loads on the other un used pins to clear the warning?
Thanks Dave F..

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.