Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Registered
1,207 Posts

· Registered
56 Posts
C'mon 2016..... I'm content with those numbers.

Ya don't think they'll wait till 4/16 ta release the 16' renegade models, do you?

Fingers crossed my XJ doesn't incur to much maintenance.

· Registered
1,633 Posts

· Registered
187 Posts

· Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Where in Pennsylvania? Is it near the Allentown/Bethlem/Easton area? If so, I'll go have a look when it comes in.

Cherry Hill Jeep- In, NJ.. sadly a hop, skip and about 70 jumps from the LV. I'm in Easton, when I said the dealer was close to me I was speaking relatively. However, I was talking to a salesman at Brown Daub on 33 and they are expecting a few "any day"

· Registered
1,633 Posts
. . . Brown Daub on 33 . . .
That's where I shop. In fact, I purchased my 2015 car there. I sure hope they got at least one with the 1.4T & manual transmission.

Reactions: timsvtgen1 and tony

· Premium Member
321 Posts
Unfortunately I agree because I was only interested in the TrailHawk. The 4mpg better than the V6 Cherokee is not enough to sway me back to the Renegade. If MPG was the most important thing to me, it might have though. With the deals they are offering on the Cherokee I can get nearly all the same amenities in a Cherokee TH as a $32k Renegade TH.

I am disappointed that they did not make the "highway fuel economy starts with a 3 on ALL trims" statement they have made for months now.

· Registered
8 Posts
For me, the MPG is probably what I expected for a non-aerodynamic off-roader. The MPG is still probably average for it's small SUV class. The real shame, however, is that the Renegade has a small 12.7 gallon capacity fuel tank. Competitors with similar MPG have much larger fuel tanks. The VW Tiguan has a 16 gallon capacity, for example.

· Registered
53 Posts
I could see it being a great vehicle for some, my wife really wanted it, but the low reliability of Fiat, brand new model problems and the unimpressive MPG has changed my mind. Plus it was a little pricey to begin with.
A Toyota 4Runner has moved to the top of my list.

Reactions: kj11

· Registered
39 Posts
I could see it being a great vehicle for some, my wife really wanted it, but the low reliability of Fiat, brand new model problems and the unimpressive MPG has changed my mind. Plus it was a little pricey to begin with.
A Toyota 4Runner has moved to the top of my list.

A 4runner options out at like over $40k, gets worse mileage and is a different class vehicle.. no one is cross shopping the renegade with a 4 runner, smh.

· Registered
1,207 Posts
no one is cross shopping the renegade with a 4 runner, smh.
Generalities rarely are true, I've crossed shopped just about every CUV/SUV out there, including the 4Runner.

What is true is that everyone has there own combination of features, capabilities and looks that they want in a vehicle, It's not always about price.

Reactions: kj11

· Registered
194 Posts
Generalities rarely are true, I've crossed shopped just about every CUV/SUV out there, including the 4Runner.

What is true is that everyone has there own combination of features, capabilities and looks that they want in a vehicle, It's not always about price.
Agreed. My top priority is an SUV/CUV with a manual transmission. Folks would be amazed at odd collection I've cross-shopped.

· Registered
53 Posts
A 4runner options out at like over $40k, gets worse mileage and is a different class vehicle.. no one is cross shopping the renegade with a 4 runner, smh.
SR5s go for about 34k
Trails go for about 36k
Limited can get up to 40k

Combined MPG is about 20

Fiat unreliability is the biggest factor for me, especially in the first couple of years.
The 4Runner moved to the top because it is 6 years into this gen.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.