Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2021 Renegade Trailhawk and now discovered it has no DRL , only an amber parking light where the DRL should be . I had assumed DRL was standard on ALL vehicles. Is it possible to change the amber bulb to a white bulb to achieve DRL , or is a new module needed? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Welcome!

OK, that's strange... We've got a 2021 Trailhawk, but it's got the LED headlights -- with the U-shaped LED DRLs in the main headlight housings. So I'm not much help.

But every Renegade I've seen has had DRLs -- I believe they're normally in the truncated-pyramid-shaped lights in front, where our turn signals are -- like here (a 2017 with halogen headlights)...?

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Window

The 2021 brochure only mentions DRLs as a Trailhawk feature with the LED headlights.

The Owner's Manual only mentions DRLs "If Equipped."

In any case, DRLs can be enabled or disabled through the Uconnect screen. Have you looked through there to see what yours are set on?

·
Registered
88 Posts
I've seen 2021's without LED headlights, with the amber "parking lights" used as DRL's. They probably also function as the parking and turn signals as well. Not sure if they are like the 18's and earlier with separate clear DRL/amber parking-turn lamps. I kinda like the amber look...

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just purchased a 2021 Renegade Trailhawk and now discovered it has no DRL , only an amber parking light where the DRL should be . I had assumed DRL was standard on ALL vehicles. Is it possible to change the amber bulb to a white bulb to achieve DRL , or is a new module needed? Thanks.
I have a '21 Trailhawk that does not have the LED lighting package. The DRL's are the amber turn signal lights which, IMO, gives it a sportier look...they are on anytime the truck is running regardless of whether it is in park or not (I believe this was standard when the Renegade was refreshed in 2019). My sister has a '21 Renegade 80th Anniversary, and those amber DRL's are wider because of slightly different front fascia/fog light location from the Trailhawk. As mentioned, there is a disable DRL feature in the vehicle settings in UConnect.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome!

OK, that's strange... We've got a 2021 Trailhawk, but it's got the LED headlights -- with the U-shaped LED DRLs in the main headlight housings. So I'm not much help.

But every Renegade I've seen has had DRLs -- I believe they're normally in the truncated-pyramid-shaped lights in front, where our turn signals are -- like here (a 2017 with halogen headlights)...?

View attachment 2396353234

The 2021 brochure only mentions DRLs as a Trailhawk feature with the LED headlights.

The Owner's Manual only mentions DRLs "If Equipped."

In any case, DRLs can be enabled or disabled through the Uconnect screen. Have you looked through there to see what yours are set on?
Thanks Marek . I checked the sticker and they are not listed as Standard Equip . But they should be standard on all Trailhawks. In the housing where they should be is just an amber parking light . On the UConnect it shows both the Drl and Cornering Light boxes checked, but they are definitely not installed. I will be calling the dealer to ask why they are not listed on the sticker as standard and not installed. Thanks again !

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

and enjoy the forum!

Like said you need to go to your settings and turn it on most likely.
Thanks Mrsig for responding . Both DRL and Cornering Lights boxes are checked, but only an Amber parking bulb is in the housing. Not listed on the sticker either . I will be calling the dealer to ask why .

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have a '21 Trailhawk that does not have the LED lighting package. The DRL's are the amber turn signal lights which, IMO, gives it a sportier look...they are on anytime the truck is running regardless of whether it is in park or not (I believe this was standard when the Renegade was refreshed in 2019). My sister has a '21 Renegade 80th Anniversary, and those amber DRL's are wider because of slightly different front fascia/fog light location from the Trailhawk. As mentioned, there is a disable DRL feature in the vehicle settings in UConnect.
Thanks so much for responding . So it seems the amber lights are both DRL and turn signal . Combined the 2 into one. I don't believe I have seen any amber DRL's on any vehicles but it is what it is . Thanks !

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
So it seems the amber lights are both DRL and turn signal . Combined the 2 into one. I don't believe I have seen any amber DRL's on any vehicles
They used to do that a lot on cars in the very early days of DRLs.

P.S. I just discovered they doubled up the Fog Lamps also . They are also function as the Cornering Lights !
You mean the fog lamps? Yes, that's how they work with our LED headlights also. Except the fog lights, like the headlights, are LED.

·
Registered
2018 Renegade Latitude
169 Posts
Thanks so much for responding . So it seems the amber lights are both DRL and turn signal . Combined the 2 into one. I don't believe I have seen any amber DRL's on any vehicles but it is what it is . Thanks !
I drove a 2005 Chevy work truck that had the amber turn signal bulb double as the DRL. So this is not really a new thing. There is nothing that I have read that states the DRL has to be white. Not in the USA, anyways. DRLs were made so oncoming motorists would notice you. (Except with the use of cell phones. :D )

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
So it seems the amber lights are both DRL and turn signal
I was just out driving, and saw a Renegade (no idea what year) with normal halogen headlights making a turn. On the side in which he was turning, that pyramid-shaped light was blinking amber. But the other one was solid white, still acting as a DRL. So for that model year, at least, looks like the same light was used for both functions, using different colors.

·
Registered
2018 Renegade Latitude
169 Posts
I was just out driving, and saw a Renegade (no idea what year) with normal halogen headlights making a turn. On the side in which he was turning, that pyramid-shaped light was blinking amber. But the other one was solid white, still acting as a DRL. So for that model year, at least, looks like the same light was used for both functions, using different colors.
On my 2018 it is the same housing but there are two bulbs in it. The white/clear bulb turns off when you activate the turn signal. (Turn signal bulb is inboard and DRL is outboard)

Reactions: Marek K
1 - 13 of 13 Posts