Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At <300 miles on my Renegade, the transmission and engine lights came on, the 4WD lock and parking break wouldn't function. Dealer, Lowery Bros. in Syracuse, graciously fixed it in less than a day. They cleaned the G002B Connector and upgraded software for Drivetrain, Instrument Cluster, Body Control Module and Transmission Control, then drove it for 40 miles. Seems to be like new now.

· Registered
1,266 Posts
Thanks for telling us about both your concern and resolution, Redegade! I'm happy to hear that your dealership got this taken care of quickly for you. Hopefully your resolution can assist someone else down the road who may run into a similar concern.

:ReneBlueWave:

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alas

Sadly, a few days later the same problem returned. The Renegade is now back at Lowery. Service manager says Chrysler says it needs a new transmission part, which is on back order. Still waiting to hear how long this is going to take after two and a half days.

· Registered
753 Posts
Sadly, a few days later the same problem returned. The Renegade is now back at Lowery. Service manager says Chrysler says it needs a new transmission part, which is on back order. Still waiting to hear how long this is going to take after two and a half days.
That suks, hope they get things fixed-up right this time.

On another note, we're basically neighbors if you're in Syracuse, NY - I'm over in Rochester. :D

· Registered
285 Posts
Just curious... what is the build date of your Renegade?

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Got the Renegade back with new transmission, which required dropping the engine. Haven't done a full test drive yet to know if this resolved the issue. But now the steering column rattles. So I'll be back in for more service.

· Registered
1 Posts
Nothing like buying new out of the box

Good day all please bare with me new to the whole tec thing Just bought my first new car in 10 years (2015 trailhawk) becouse my financhal status has changed in the last 10 years I looked haed and thought i did all my "studys" before choosing the Jeep Trailhawk. I have only owned her for 30 days and have just resently run into a big issue for me with tranny. Just to make it short and simple the jeep has a mind of her own when it comes to shifting she is all over the place. when ecelerating she pauses for a second making me have to rush home and change. Dealer says its just a software issue ANY AND ALL ADVICE PLEASE

· Registered
1,266 Posts
Good day all please bare with me new to the whole tec thing Just bought my first new car in 10 years (2015 trailhawk) becouse my financhal status has changed in the last 10 years I looked haed and thought i did all my "studys" before choosing the Jeep Trailhawk. I have only owned her for 30 days and have just resently run into a big issue for me with tranny. Just to make it short and simple the jeep has a mind of her own when it comes to shifting she is all over the place. when ecelerating she pauses for a second making me have to rush home and change. Dealer says its just a software issue ANY AND ALL ADVICE PLEASE
Has the dealer attempted to repair this by updating the software yet? If not, do you have an appointment scheduled to do so?

· Registered
50 Posts
Got the Renegade back with new transmission, which required dropping the engine. Haven't done a full test drive yet to know if this resolved the issue. But now the steering column rattles. So I'll be back in for more service.
This makes me nervous, as if the fixes they do on my car don't work, the service manager is fighting for a new transmission, after being in the shop already for 4 weeks trying to figure out what to do and replace.

· Registered
50 Posts
Not sure what the lemon law is in Canada but in NY its 4 repairs for same issue or 30 days out of service..
I finally got the car back. The mechanic took the car apart many times and found a loose lever and that was the problem. After that point the car ran fine. He drove it for about 100km and me and him took it out on another road test tonight and it's been fine. After 27 days I finally have the car back.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.