Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done there own transmission filter and fluid replacement im thinking about doing it my self if i can actually find the filter first is there a legit filter drop or is it just reverse suck?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Has anyone done there own transmission filter and fluid replacement im thinking about doing it my self if i can actually find the filter first is there a legit filter drop or is it just reverse suck?

Not sure if you have been successful with your endeavor as yet but the part varies depending on the type of transmission you have... Are you MT, AT or DDCT?

·
Registered
2017 renegade trailhawk 9 spd auto glacier metallic, preferred package 27E
532 Posts
have fun not easy, no filter, trans built to be permanent fluid

·
Registered
19 Posts
have fun not easy, no filter, trans built to be permanent fluid
It has a filter but you have to remove the transmission and open it up to remove it. The fluid is lifetime they say but most people change it at 100k. It has a drain plug on the bottom and a fill plug on the top back of the transmission. The fluid is around 30 bucks or so a quart and you’ll need approximately 4 an a half quarts to fill it. Plus a long hose with adapter for the fill port.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts