Jeep Renegade Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
My 2019 Renegade latitude wont switch to 8th or 9th gear on its own doing highway speeds either, also if I manually switch it to 9th, it wont hold speed, itll start to slow down, I seem to get way lower mpg than I should be but I never really thought it was something wrong with the car until I started reading the posts on this forum
Welcome to the forum.

The road needs to be pretty flat for the Renegade to stay in 9th gear and no headwinds either. When my 2015 Latitude is in 9th gear the rpms are around 1500, that is pretty low. Tailwinds are nice. Mine will easily go into 8th around 60 mph and will run ok down to 55 mph before it downshifts into 7th gear. The rpms are around 1700-1900 in 8th. I personally feel the Renegade would have been better off with a 7 speed transmission.

The Latitude should easily go into 8th without manual shifting. I wonder if there is a software update for 2019's? If you get it checked out keep us posted.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We have a 2015 trailhawk with 9000 miles on it. It's the 4 cylinder 9 speed. It is currently at the dealer for the 4th or 5th time because it won't automatically shift into 8th or 9th. The engines runs at 3300 rpms at 80 mph on the highway, straight, no traffic, steady speed. When you manually shift it to 8th, the rpms drop to 2200-2500. If you speed up it shifts back to 7th and stays there til u manually shift it. We have also had it shift into 8th or 9th in the city running at 45 mph.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?
Welcome to the forum.

The road needs to be pretty flat for the Renegade to stay in 9th gear and no headwinds either. When my 2015 Latitude is in 9th gear the rpms are around 1500, that is pretty low. Tailwinds are nice. Mine will easily go into 8th around 60 mph and will run ok down to 55 mph before it downshifts into 7th gear. The rpms are around 1700-1900 in 8th. I personally feel the Renegade would have been better off with a 7 speed transmission.

The Latitude should easily go into 8th without manual shifting. I wonder if there is a software update for 2019's? If you get it checked out keep us posted.
Hm thats interesting, I normally only ever drive 50mph or less, or 70mph and above, almost never have a speed limit between those around here so I'll try and see if I notice it switch to 8th around 60, as for 9th, i did notice that I sometimes can keep speed if i have no wind or have a tailwind and oddly on colder days, but no matter what my MPG always goes down if I use gears higher than 7th and that part still confuses me!

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
My 2019 Renegade latitude wont switch to 8th or 9th gear on its own doing highway speeds either, also if I manually switch it to 9th, it wont hold speed, itll start to slow down, I seem to get way lower mpg than I should be but I never really thought it was something wrong with the car until I started reading the posts on this forum
Hi Adietrich42,
We understand why this might be concerning to you. If you decide to bring this to the attention of your dealer, feel free to send us a private message for our additional support.

Kathryn
JeepCares

41 - 43 of 43 Posts