Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On our 2016 Renegade 4x4, we have started getting a Transmission Overheating warning light along with a Check Engine light. Both seem to be dire warnings about stopping and not driving until the warnings have been repaired.
On the other hand, allowing the Jeep to sit quietly, turned off, and all by itself for 30 to 45 minutes clears both warnings when the Jeep is restarted.
We are a retired couple, in our mid-70s, who don't drive as much as we used to, even though we wish we could.
Finally, I will say the battery is still the original one that was in it when we took delivery. I'm beginning to suspect the problem may be with that, in that it really wants to be replaced because it is 'tired'. Anybody else have any other ideas?

·
Super Moderator
3,354 Posts
Bring it to the dealer. You need the battery checked and most likely you need updates too. If you need a battery I would go with a AGM but not from the dealer most auto stores will check it for free and if you buy one install for free but they can't do update to your computer.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Bring it to the dealer. You need the battery checked and most likely you need updates too. If you need a battery I would go with a AGM but not from the dealer most auto stores will check it for free and if you buy one install for free but they can't do update to your computer.
I couldn't say it any better than that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts