Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I`m not local, maybe, someone can help me with problem.
My Jeep Renegade (2.4, 40k miles) starts, but I can`t move into drive or neutral. This car have an accident (strong hit on the left wing), and just stood something about 3 months. Now I can`t find the anwser, what is it. After we connect the programm, we get a code of error, but I can`t find the solution anyway.

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
W E L C O M E ! ! ! to the forum.

It is going to have to go to the dealer for a proxi realignment between the Transmission Control Module (TCM) and the Body control Module (BCM).

There are occasions when disconnecting the battery, or when a battery completely dies on vehicles like Jeep Cherokee, Jeep Renegade, fiat 500 and so on, you will have to perform a BCM proxi configure alignment routine. Failure to perform this special function will result in some vehicle to have ABS traction control light to be on in the electrical cluster and the vehicle's odometer to start blinking and even not being able to shift the transmission out of park.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

It is going to have to go to the dealer for a proxi realignment between the Transmission Control Module (TCM) and the Body control Module (BCM).

There are occasions when disconnecting the battery, or when a battery completely dies on vehicles like Jeep Cherokee, Jeep Renegade, fiat 500 and so on, you will have to perform a BCM proxi configure alignment routine. Failure to perform this special function will result in some vehicle to have ABS traction control light to be on in the electrical cluster and the vehicle's odometer to start blinking and even not being able to shift the transmission out of park.
Thanks!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Sorry, but maybe you or someone knows...
Can I do it myself with AlfaOBD prog.?

P. S.
My dealer refused me ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello, I`m not local, maybe, someone can help me with problem.
My Jeep Renegade (2.4, 40k miles) starts, but I can`t move into drive or neutral. This car have an accident (strong hit on the left wing), and just stood something about 3 months. Now I can`t find the anwser, what is it. After we connect the programm, we get a code of error, but I can`t find the solution anyway.

View attachment 2396348118 View attachment 2396348117
Needs to go to a shop

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Sorry, but maybe you or someone knows...
Can I do it myself with AlfaOBD prog.?

P. S.
My dealer refused me ?
I do not know the capabilities of the AlphaOBD, sorry.

I do not get the abilities of some dealerships... or more so, the lack of ability.
I took my 2016 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk to a Dealership for a software update on the Uconnect. I even gave them (the service writer) the Service Bulletin which outline the update procedure.
After an hour and a half in the shop, the service writer told me that I already had the latest update installed (lol, NOT even close).
When the technician brought the Jeep around for me, I asked him how it went. He told me that he tried to install the latest update and he got a File Not Supported error (the same error we get when trying to update our-self). I asked him if he looked over the Service Bulletin for the update procedure. No, he said. I know how to perform an update...

Maybe @JeepCares can steer you in the right direction. They respond well to PM.

I really hope that you get it figured out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts