Jeep Renegade Forum banner

261 - 268 of 268 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
I dont think there is but Im not sure... Im guessing it doesnt have a brake controller because the plug on the jeep has only 4 treads instead of 7..

I finally scrapped the idea and converted the back of the jeep into a mini camper during my vacation this summer :)

·
Registered
298 Posts
I wouldn't recommend it, but in a pinch...

I owned a VW golf D that they bought back and i bought the rene. Me and a lady friend used the Golf for a week in the desert and slept inside very comfortable. I layed the front seats forward then put my double air bed in their was kinda nice, but cozy. Even closed the hatch a couple of nights. Of course there wqere no shower or bathroom facilties but we had the wide open spaces for that:). Havent done it with the rene but it is bigger than the Golf so should work just fine.

·
Registered
361 Posts
You guys are a braver bunch than I am....

As a "let's see" test, I laid down the passenger seat, the rear seats and stuck an air mattress across all. Then I laid down. No. Freakin'. Way. And I'm vertically challenged being only 5'6" tall (I don't think it's politically correct to call me "short" anymore.....)

I'd have to be blind-stinkin-caveman-speaking drunk for that to be tolerated more than an overnight trip. Not to mention all your gear stacked high alongside you, inches away. I think sleeping in a casket would be more comfortable. I think those that do sleep inside have convinced themselves that it was okay.

Thinking it's "okay" is like saying that pebble in your shoe doesn't hurt that much...

I had a VW Westfalia Camper, now that I spent weeks in. Sleeping inside my Renegade on purpose and planned ? Nope. In an emergency ? Certainly. I'd rather throw a sleeping bag in the dirt and sleep there or toss it on the roof and sleep there.

The old adage comes to mind, "Just because it can be done, doesn't mean it should be done.".

Those that do sleep in your Jeep; more power to you. Just not for me.

261 - 268 of 268 Posts